This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by natasjaS-2 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 28, 2019 at 10:08 pm #4659277

natasjaS-2

Hi there,

I need to delete all the database tables of WPML, for a clean install. I had some problems with moving my website to another hosting, but everything is finally working, only not WPML. So i would like to delete the database tables and then reinstall again. see image for what happened after install. could you please tell me what those are. I think everything that starts with ICL_

i see also tables starting with itsec_ and sib_ , does that too belong to WPML? Look forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Natasja

September 29, 2019 at 6:31 am #4660131

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Yes, all the tables from WPML plugins should have icl_ https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

so itsec_ and sib_ are not related to WPML.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 29, 2019 at 9:29 am #4660335

natasjaS-2

Hi Riffaz,

I deleted all the tables and wanted to upload the plugin manually, but i could not. Do you have any suggestions? Maybe do this at another website and then copy the folders and tables to the one where it should be?

Kind regards, Natasja

September 29, 2019 at 10:39 am #4660393

natasjaS-2

Hi Riffaz,

Could you please check on WPML in my dashboard. I will send you admin login credentials with the message only you can see, if you unlock that.

The dashboard is still broken once i activate WPML. I can't even insert the key for the website.

What i already did: Installed a clean wordpress and updated the wp-content file with the old one from the backup. Even deleted everything in the database with all the tables of WPML and in the wp-content, then installed it again on the old website, deactivated and all so i could insert the key on the new hosting. i installed WPML on the old, cause it did not work on the new hosting with the upload, which is on a windows server. Don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Anyhow, maybe it has to do with the default language? That was first in Dutch, but on the old hosting i deactivated everything even that i had to register again. Then set the language to english as default. uploaded the files again, then exported the database, imported this on the new... then extract the wp-content that i got from the old hosting and put it on the new hosting.....

Somewhere it is going wrong, but i don't know where. Please help me out. Maybe there is a bug in WPML?

Kind regards,
Natasja

September 29, 2019 at 10:51 am #4660419

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Let me know your site login details.
The next reply is private.

Regards,

October 2, 2019 at 9:49 am #4678737

natasjaS-2

Well, i did not needed it anymore, due to issues with the new hosting i will stay at my old hosting and will use 1 url for all the languages 🙂 so did a clean installation on the main domain. thanks for the help.