This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
February 10, 2019 at 8:20 am #3179382

telmenD

I am using WPML plugin - My question is: what happens if I update the theme & plugin? Do I lose all the translated strings? How can I prevent this? Can you please provide me help

Thanks

February 10, 2019 at 9:22 am #3179452

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Your translated strings are saved in database so you can upgrade theme/plugins without any issue, but it’s best practice to take backup of your site first before making any change.

Thank you

February 15, 2019 at 1:00 pm #3204960

telmenD

Thank you very much for the help. And I do updated the theme and there is no problem. But is there any performance issue? Or what I need to optimized the WPML for the site speed. Thanks

February 17, 2019 at 8:00 am #3208757

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

ok happy to hear that there is no problem now. No there is no performance issue, if you are willing to improve performance & speed, you can take a look at this doc: https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] What happens if I update the theme & plugin? Do I lose all the translated string’ is closed to new replies.