This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A plugin made conflict with WPML media translation. Deactivating Media plugins allows the other plugin to work. User wanted to know what will happen if the WPML Media Translation is off for a while and re-actiuvate it later.

Solution: what happens when I turn WPML Media off do my changing and turn it back on? Will it mess things up?

- no

- the translations you made using media translation are saved in database.

- so when you turn it off you will not loose them

- but you want see the translations you made in your media.

- you will see the same alt, title, etc for all of your media in all the languages.

- however, when you turn on back 'media translation' you will see the translation back automatically without any issue.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinK-2 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 21, 2019 at 5:16 pm #4616577

martinK-2

Hi,

After an update of WPML I have a conflict with the Advanced Flaoting Content plugin hidden link

That plugin, after changing something, won't save the changes, it just keeps trying to save. I found out that the conflict came from WPML Media plugin.

Now I thought, what if I turn off WPML Media for a bit, change stuff in Advanced Floating Content, save my work and turn WPML Media back on.

But what happens when I turn WPML Media off do my changing and turn it back on? Will it mess things up?

September 22, 2019 at 4:34 am #4617325

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

what happens when I turn WPML Media off do my changing and turn it back on? Will it mess things up?
- no
- the translations you made using media translation are saved in database.
- so when you turn it off you will not loose them
- but you want see the translations you made in your media.
- you will see the same alt, title, etc for all of your media in all the languages.
- however, when you turn on back 'media translation' you will see the translation back automatically without any issue.

Hopefully, that explains you what you want to know. 🙂

Let me know if you need any thing else with this.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 25, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4640129

martinK-2

Thanks Riffaz! You explanation was clear and to the point. *thumbs-up*

My issue is resolved now :-D!