This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 11:22 am #2824350

patrikJ-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to configure my website to work on all English speaking countries... Therefore I need to have different currencies per country (USA, Canada, New Zeeland, Australia), but I do not want different urls for each country nor different websites / content. What is the best solution for this? I do not want people to have to choose a currency, I want that to be made automatically.

October 18, 2018 at 1:44 pm #2828115

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment. If you don't want to set up different languages per countries it's not possible to assign automatically a currency because WPML has no way to understand where someone is when accessing the site.

You can only put a dropdown with different currencies so users can choose which one they want, but that's the only option available at the moment.

You may want to consult with one of our WPML Contractors (see here: https://wpml.org/contractors/) but I don't think this is doable.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.