This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 23, 2019 at 7:15 pm #4073517

yano-4

I have built the website in english first since it is my native language and then translated it to french for hidden link using the Avada theme.

I would like to make French my default language so that visitors view the french version first and then can choose to have the english one afterwards. What would be the best way to do this once the full site is translated?

June 24, 2019 at 4:51 am #4074453

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Yes, you are right. You should change site default language once full site translated.

Then, you can change site default language from WPML >> Languages >> Site Languages > "Change default language" button. Please don’t forget to take a backup first before making any changes.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] What is the best way to translate then make that language the default?’ is closed to new replies.