This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: What is the most efficient way to translate a lot of product images?

Solution: You can use WP All Import & Export, the steps are: - Upload all media - Duplicate the media in all languages from WPML->Settings->Media Translation - Now create a CSV file for default language and secondary language and export it. - Make changes in the CSV file and re-import it.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chris 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 11:33 am #2770318

chris

I am creating a store which will have many hundreds of products, with each product featuring 7-10 product images.

Each product will be translated in different languages, and the product image will also need to be translated as the text in the image will be localised.

From what I can understand there seems to be two ways of doing this:

-Translating each product, and uploading different images for each product (duplicating product images)
-Translating each product, and translating each image (uploading a translated image per media item) so that it shows in the right language.

Both will be extremely time consuming. Is there a way to upload and then bulk asign images to a particular product/language, or a way to simply upload all images for all languages and use a .csv to tell WPML the translated media file for each language for each media item?

Thanks,
Chris

September 28, 2018 at 3:31 am #2772451

chris

I did a bit more research on this, and it looks like the wp all import suite of import/export plugins may provide the ability to bulk add products and translations. Can you confirm if this works also with translating product images? So that for example I can specify in a bulk .csv

-product name
-product description
-product featured image
-additional product images 1, 2,3 etc

and then import the translations like:

-Italian translation of product name
-Italian translation of product description
-Italian translation of product featured image
-Italian localised versions of additional product images 1, 2,3 etc

Thanks,
Chris

September 28, 2018 at 11:28 am #2773532

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Yes, I can confirm that it works properly with media translation too. I suggest you to follow the below steps:

- Upload all media
- Duplicate the media in all languages from WPML->Settings->Media Translation
- Now create a CSV file for default language and secondary language and import it.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 3, 2018 at 3:53 am #2783479

chris

Thanks for the help I will try this and open a support ticket if I run into any issues