This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderA 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 11:29 am #2824372

alexanderA

Hello. I have used WPML to translate my website. On my site is a WordPress user with the role 'Editor.' I would like this person to login to WordPress, access WPML-->Taxonomy Translation, and edit the translations there. But when this person logs in, 'Taxonomy Translation' is not present in the WPML options. How can I resolve this? Do I have to edit the 'user role' of this user?

Thanks.

October 18, 2018 at 5:55 pm #2829144

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contact WPML Support. Regarding your question, the 'Taxonomy Translation' menu items are available for the 'Administrator' role. For users with the Editor role you can use the 'Translation Management' feature of the WPML using the specific addon for that, in this case the 'WPML Translation Management' using it you are able to create translation jobs for your users. Supposing you are using this addon, you would need to add your users as translators this way:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management > Translation Roles tab click the button 'Add Translator'

2 - In the 'Add new translator' dialog box you can either create a new user or add an existing user and set the language the content will be translated to.

You find all the details regarding this feature at:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

If you don't need this approach then you can easily give your users the 'Administrator' role from your WordPress Dashboard > Users > User Profile menu. Please, let me know if you need any additional clarifications from our side, we'll be very happy in helping. Have a nice day.

October 19, 2018 at 9:07 am #2831303

alexanderA

>> For users with the Editor role you can use the 'Translation Management' feature of the WPML using the specific addon for that

OK. But I need the 'Editor' to be able to translate the taxonomies that are found in WPML-->Taxonomy Translation (see attached screenshot). Is that possible? If so, how?

October 19, 2018 at 2:13 pm #2832296

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. In this case the editor will only be able to translate taxonomy terms associated with the posts you sent for translation. If you need your editors to be able to access the same admin section specific for Taxonomy Translation then you need to give them the administrator user role. Please, let me know if you need any further clarifications, have a nice day.

October 22, 2018 at 10:33 am #2837671

alexanderA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!