This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4321705

paolaM-8

Hi There,

we would like to translate the footer in our website amperetranslations.com but I can't find the content inside the string translations and from appearance-->customize-->widgets-->footer we can only select if the footer is valid for all laguages or only one of them, but I cant duplicate it and create it for a new language.

I've attached a screenshot of our WPML configuration regarding the theme and plug-ins, and I would like to know if changing this set up I can finally find the content inside string translations.

Please let me know what is the correct way to translate this part of the website.

Best regards,

Costantino

August 1, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4323917

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Paola,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Yes, you can select the first option: "translate themes and plugins using WPML's string translation only (don't load .mo files)".

After this is done, please use the following doc to make Strings from your Theme Customizer viewable: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Please let me know if you need help to detect the Strings.

Best Marcel