This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.55 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 3:30 am #4047563

hlaingM

I am trying to: make the plugin to work when 2nd language is used to post an ad

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: the "add to cart" button when 2nd language is used to post an ad

Instead, I got: No "add to cart" button

June 19, 2019 at 10:51 am #4050845

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Could you please provide me login details so I can debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this, I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 20, 2019 at 5:32 am #4056651

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

From where I can add the ads in the second language, it looks like when the ad is inserted in the secondary language, these fields aren't set properly.

Sell this product or service online?
Enable stock management at product level?
Stock Qty(applicable only if stock management enabled)

Thanks

June 20, 2019 at 6:15 am #4056859

hlaingM

Hi

I am not exactly sure what you meant by "when the ad is inserted in the secondary language, these fields aren't set properly."

When I opened the ticket, the images were attached. The slide2 shows the data fields were added to the 2nd language from the back-end. The slide3 shows that those data field items you mentioned can be filled/checked and the ad can be posted using the 2nd language from the front-end.

It is just that the button "Add to Cart" does not appear for the visitors to click when the ad poster uses the 2nd language to post his/her ad/product.

I hope it clarifies things. Please let me know if you need further clarifications. Thanks.

June 20, 2019 at 11:17 am #4059361

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I couldn't find a place to manually enter those fields in the secondary languages so could you please provide a link where I can add that info in secondary languages ads

Also, why the secondary language add as you mentioned is translated and the other one is not translated, have you translated this manually?

Further, could you please provide a link to add an ad from secondary language, or it's added manually from the backend?

Thanks

June 20, 2019 at 11:34 am #4059463

hlaingM

Hi,

I assume you meant "posting an ad" when you said "adding an ad". Posting an ad is to be done only from the front-end at my site. At the top-bar, Switch on the 2nd language > Post an ad which is the item next to the language switch>

hidden link

I attached the file when opening the ticket. It has the translations so you can choose the right one. As of now, only the specific ad category shown in the file has the wooclassify data fields.

If you were asking about adding those data fields (how to make those data fields appear at the user front-end), you have to add those data fields into the form from the back-end.

Backend Dashboard> Ads > Forms > choose "CD/DVD &......." form and you will see those data fields that can be added due to the plugin.

I hope that clarifies things.

June 21, 2019 at 10:45 am #4066337

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am sorry but since the site is complex I will need more information.

I created an ad from the hidden link page as you mentioned and can reproduce the issue.

I will like to know more about how this form is configured, so could you please provide feedback on the following:

1) Do the ads forms supports WPML properly, are you aware of this?

2) While creating an ad from English you mentioned there is not an issue, But I noticed that while creating an ad from English, the ads are not duplicated, correct?

3) But in the same way, when creating an add from secondary language, it looks like it's created in English first and duplicated, are you aware of this?

4) I assume you are adding this duplication feature with some code, can you point me out where the code is added?

5) I can see that you have disabled AppThemes WPML Bridge, any reason for this?

Look forward to receiving your answers so we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks

June 21, 2019 at 11:25 am #4066637

hlaingM

Hi,

1) Do the ads forms supports WPML properly, are you aware of this?
-I do not know. I am not exactly what you meant by this. At my site, regardless of the language the ad poster uses (i.e. with any language switch being ON) and posts an ad, the end results should be the same.

2) While creating an ad from English you mentioned there is not an issue, But I noticed that while creating an ad from English, the ads are not duplicated, correct?
-Correct. The "Add to Cart" button does NOT appear when the ad poster posts an ad/product with the 2nd language switch being ON.

3) But in the same way, when creating an add from secondary language, it looks like it's created in English first and duplicated, are you aware of this?
-Yes

4) I assume you are adding this duplication feature with some code, can you point me out where the code is added?
-In the child theme, functions.php (by my freelance developer)...To copy ads posted in the 2nd language to default English.

5) I can see that you have disabled AppThemes WPML Bridge, any reason for this?
-while activating Appthemes WPML bridge, I posted an ad/product for online purchase using the 2nd language. And, it DID NOT HELP with the issue of our interest. Yes, I deactivated Appthemes WPML Bridge because it is causing issues (it is creating clones of the random data fields (such as street address, region, ad description, etc.)). You will experience this issue when you fill out ad info to post an ad IF you activate this bridge plugin.

Please let me know if there are things I can clarify. Thank you.

June 24, 2019 at 3:50 am #4074383

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am not aware of how this theme works properly, so this issue needs debugging, Being so, Could you please provide me a backup of your site so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

To send a backup file you can use backups plugins, or use hosting services back up and send it using google drive, dropbox, etc to us. If you can, I request you to remove the uploads folder from the backup as it will be easy to download due to the size.

I have enabled the private reply so you can send those links in the private reply. If you use some backup plugins installed and you created the packages, you can just provide login details and mention us, we can download it from the site itself.
hidden link

Thanks

June 24, 2019 at 10:56 am #4076719

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

After debugging the issue for some time, I realized the purchase option is not provided by the theme itself, it's done using an additional plugin "WooClassify for Classipress"

Being so could you please follow the below steps and let me know if that helps:
- Go to Ads->WooClassify
- Go to Synchronize ads and products and click on "Click to manage settings to SELL all ads"

Also, you can go to Ads->WooClassicy Ad to Product map and see if the Is Sell is enabled with the price.

I tested this on your site but your site was showing 504 error shortly so couldn't test it properly on your end.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

June 24, 2019 at 11:49 am #4076939

hlaingM

Oh! No. Clicking "Click to manage setting to SELL all ads" will add wooclassify custom fields to all the forms(i.e. all the ad-categories). It is irreversible. I only want certain ad-categories that can turn ad into product for on-line purchase.......For instance, lost& found has nothing to do with on-line purchase...

It has nothing to do with translation...(or) adding the buying option for the 2nd language.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Thanks.

June 24, 2019 at 11:52 am #4076947

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Isn't WooClassify for Classipress responsible for making the ads as products? Or add the "Add To Cart?

Could you please contact their support and ask what might be missing which is blocking the add to cart from display once?

Thanks

June 25, 2019 at 4:47 am #4081285

hlaingM

Hi,

Yes, wooclassify plugin is responsible for making ads as products. A couple of days ago, the plugin developer suggested the following:

"The problem is the custom fields not created separately as per different language.

While you create new add for another language, you can see the custom field :: woo_classify_ad_product_id

Which added related wooCommerce product ID and it should be different as per language and ad.

In the current case, the custom fields value is same so if any one change language, related product not found in the language and it create hidden/problem.

If any how different custom fields generated by each ads as per language it will solve the problem.

Otherwise I cannot see any solution for that."

I am not sure what he meant. Do you understand what he meant? Thanks.

June 25, 2019 at 6:52 am #4081673

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, that's helpful.

Could you please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:
- Go to Ads -> WooClassify Ad to Products Map and mark "Is Sell" to Yes for products that are having issues.

I tested this on the duplicator and it's working properly so could you please try it on the live site and let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

June 25, 2019 at 8:22 am #4082245

hlaingM

Hi,

At my site, the admin is NOT supposed to get involved or assist with the ad posting.

Anyway, I just tried a different method, which ensures that the product I want to see is marked as "YES" for "to Sell". Please see the attached image.

I submitted that post in the 2nd language. The "Add to Cart" button appears for the visitors of the site when default English is ON, but "NOT" when the 2nd language switch is ON.

When English switch is ON,
hidden link

When the 2nd language switch is ON,
hidden link

Please let me know if you need clarifications. Thank you.