Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 13, 2018 at 7:46 am #2639030

nikolaM-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I trying to set-up plugin, after that site working very slow

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

speedtest1 and 2 when plugin ON

speedtest 1.1 and 1.2 when plugin OF

speedtest2.png
speedtest2.1.png
speedtest1.png
speedtest1.1.png
August 13, 2018 at 11:49 pm #2641421

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us.

I noticed that your site is only using 96Mb of memory. The WPML requires at least 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/. You should increase the limit to at least 256Mb. The step by step is in the WordPress official documentation: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Also, depending on how many strings your site has, this can impact performance a little bit. As a suggestion, you can remove strings that are not translated. To do this, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > String Translation
- Scroll down and look at the "Auto register strings for translation"
- Click on the "Edit" button
- Uncheck all strings which you do not want to be automatically indexed
- Click on the "Apply" button

To remove all strings that are not translated, follow the steps below:

- Make a full backup of your database.
- Open your database manager (you can use PHPMyAdmin, for example)
- Select your database
- Open the "_icl_strings" table and click on the "SQL" tab
- Run this command:

DELETE FROM `wp_icl_strings` WHERE `status` = 0;

* In the above command I'm using the database prefix "wp_". If you have changed this, you must edit the prefix for what you are using.

This will remove all strings that are not translated. If you need to translate some string that was deleted, you can scan your theme/plugin again in WPML > Theme and plugins localization.

Please see our documentation for how to increase WPML performance: https://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/

Also, one way to increase your site's performance a bit is by upgrading PHP to version 7. You can contact your web host and request this. Usually, this improves the performance of the site.

After following these steps, please let me know if this improves the performance of your site.

Thank you.

August 16, 2018 at 9:25 am #2649017

nikolaM-6

Hello, I updated max memory limit to 256M, and update PHP to 7.2, but site working slowly again.
Please help!

August 16, 2018 at 2:05 pm #2650085

Bruno

Hello,

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

August 18, 2018 at 5:18 am #2655457

Bruno

Hello,

Thank you. I downloaded your site and I'm going to test it in my testing environment. I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

August 21, 2018 at 1:02 am #2661241

Bruno

Hello,

Just as an update, I'm still checking your site and soon I'll contact you.

Thank you.

August 22, 2018 at 12:49 am #2665141

Bruno

Hello,

From what I noticed on your site, one of the problems that may be causing a slowness is that the "pins-en.txt" file does not exist and therefore returns a 404 error.

Here is the documentation for your theme: hidden link

I noticed in my testing environment that after creating this file, the site was ~2 seconds faster. I have not tested this on your development site, but maybe it helps.

Also, I will also contact 2nd tier support to ask more about this.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] When activated WPML plugin on site, working very slow’ is closed to new replies.