This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
August 17, 2015 at 5:06 pm #680906

michaelM-20

I am trying to activate WPML for my site,

When I run through the setup and setup english as my default language and french as the secondary it appears nothing translates over.

When I am on the pages section it displays english (0), french (0), all languages (0), however published shows (11). When visiting my site it displays a 404 page cannot be found.

I've made installs before of wpml so this issue is new to me.

hidden link

August 18, 2015 at 9:32 am #681292

Mohammed

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

- To make everything works properly in WPML after manual update , Please follow the troubleshooting steps here:
1- Go to “WPML > Support“ in your admin dashboard “your-website/wp-admin.php”
2- At the bottom of the page, click the “troubleshooting” link.
3- Look for the “General Cleanup” section and Click these buttons:
- "General Cleanup" button (If exists in your installation)
- "Fix element_type collation" button
- "Set language information" button

After that, Please translate the pages and posts.

The following will guide you to translate your content through the two methos (Duplicate and Translate):

"Duplicate" in WPML means that you will have a copy from a defualt post to its translation.
also it means that the translated post will be always synchronized with the default post.
Which will operate with the two English cases.

To duplicate each post individually, Please follow these steps:
1- Go to the post in the default language and edit it.
2- At the right of the page, In the "Translate this Document" section
Check the checkbox under "Duplicate" and in front of the desired language "The second English language in your case"
3- A button "Duplicate" will appear, Click on it and you are done.

To duplicate posts in bulk, Please follow these steps:
1- Go to "WPML > Translation Management > Translation Dashboard".
2- Filter the posts from the form under "Filters" section.
3- Select the posts you need to translate.
4- At the bottom, in "Languages" section, select Duplicate Content in front of the language you want.
"The second English country in your case".
5- Click "Duplicate" at the bottom of the table and you are done.
Reference: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-using-content-duplication/

"Translate" in WPML means that you will translate the post independent from the original one.
Which will work with the German and Spanish cases.

To translate a post, Please follow these steps:
1- Go to the post in the default language and edit it.
2- At the right of the page, In the "Translate this Document" section
Check the checkbox under "Translate" and in front of the desired language "Spanish or German in your case"
3- This will redirect you to a new post, Fill the content for the language you selected.
4- Publish the post.
Reference:https: //wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/creating-translations-manually/

// NOTE : Please make a complete backup of your website, before updating. The update should go without problems, but in case something goes wrong it is good to have a backup.

August 19, 2015 at 3:44 pm #682540

michaelM-20

While this has corrected the pages issue, I still dont have translations avaialble for the woocommerce portion of my site. However this section doesn't have english / french as the other did. How do I go about this.

August 19, 2015 at 5:17 pm #682595

Mohammed

Hi Michael,

Glad to hear that it now works.
As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question?

This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thanks and regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] When activating wpml and running the setup the pages / products don't show trans’ is closed to new replies.