This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 8:39 am #3782283

sharonL-3

I am trying to:
type /en following the home page.
E.G. : hidden link

The WPML redirect my page to hidden link

Which is not expected by me.

Also, is there any option for me to get redirect to hidden link when I simply type hidden link ?

Thx a lot

May 10, 2019 at 10:29 am #3783313

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

The chat got disconnected so i transformed it into a ticket so we can keep troubleshooting the problem.

I managed to see the error and it's usually a problem caused by a redirection plugin or a problem with the .htaccess.

So please do the following:
1) deactivate Dash Header Language Switcher (that might be causing the /en/en error. use WPML's language switcher instead)

2) Manually rename the .htaccess and then go to setting > Permalink and check if the .htaccess was created from scratch and try saving the configuration again.

3) I also saw a notice that the setting might not work, this is sometimes a false positive but it's worth following this guide in order to determine it: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/cannot-activate-language-directories/

Let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] when add /en to the home page, it redirect the home page with /en/en’ is closed to new replies.