Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
January 22, 2020 at 6:02 pm #5343383

gvidoD

Hi. I have a very weird problem. Step by step explanation -

So i add new woocommerce product in base language. Add type in text and choose category and then publish it. After that i add translation to this product in a secondary language.

When I am done with translation, i press save/publish. Suddenly the category I choosed is duplicated in the secondary language. Also, this category appears in a base language, but it is translated (see screenshot). If i click view categories, then it is 404 page.

I would be happy to provide login information. I also have a video but i can't upload it here, so i added screenshot where two categories have appeared from secondary language, to base language categories.

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 19.58.32.png
January 23, 2020 at 10:13 am #5347069

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello

It sounds like the same behaviour recently reported in this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/taxonomy-translation-creates-random-duplicates-in-translated-language/

Could you please confirm if my impression is correct?

Thanks

January 23, 2020 at 10:27 am #5347239

gvidoD

Hi!

Yes, it sounds similar. NO this doesn't happen when i try to add new post and translate it. I deactivated theme and all plugins (except woo and wpml), and the issue is still there, when i add new product and translate it. Would be happy to provide login details.

January 23, 2020 at 10:50 am #5347503

Yvette
Supporter

1. Thanks for taking the time to read that other forum ticket...I´m going to also check with my colleagues if there is any other report similar since it could be a new bug.

2. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

January 24, 2020 at 9:32 am #5355511

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I tested this with a new product category and with a new simple product and confirm the behaviour. You can delete them now:
product: WPML Product LV / WPML Product RU
category: WPML LV / WPML RU

I am unable to replicate this either in a fresh installation.

I will have to escalate this to our 2nd tier support group for further debugging. Could you please provide a copy of your site using the Duplicator as per this article
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

When you have the package created, you can tell me and I will download it.

Thanks

January 24, 2020 at 12:14 pm #5356685

gvidoD

Hi. I dont see any private fields here to copy sharable link. So i uploaded the ZIP file via FTP in folder /httpdocs/ForWPMLSupport.

Please note that I could not generate the whole site, so i did two-part method. You will find a separate database file and another zip file with site files. hidden link

January 27, 2020 at 12:15 pm #5369765

Yvette
Supporter

Escalated to 2nd tier support for resolution.

January 28, 2020 at 5:41 pm #5379707

gvidoD

Hi. Any updates or time estimates for this issue? As you understand, this makes adding products very time consuming and difficult, until this is fixed 🙂

January 29, 2020 at 10:30 am #5383223

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I do have an update but I am not sure it helps you. = (

It seems that with our DEV version of WCML this problem disappears. But our DEV version is not available to clients and I have yet to confirm that this is the case myself.

So, right now, I am working with the 2nd tier support to see what might be able to be offered to you.

What I might suggest, is try to download the beta version of our plugins to a copy/staging site and see if the code changes already delivered in the beta version is addressing your issue.

But, again, until the version is fully released, we do not recommend that it be used in production.

January 29, 2020 at 11:15 am #5383575

gvidoD

When do you plan to release the update?
Also i am not sure if that is purely WPML glitch, i think it is more like a setup issue or database relations glitch, because this is the only site that is experiencing this problem. (i manage multiple sites).

January 29, 2020 at 11:26 am #5383721

Yvette
Supporter

I don´t have any date to provide.

The 2nd tier supporter was able to reproduce your issue (I believe using your site´s snapshot) and uploading the DEV version - it started to behave normally.

So, even if its a "glitch", the DEV version "catches" it and "recuperates" in an acceptable way. Did you try the beta versions?

February 2, 2020 at 3:44 pm #5407533

gvidoD

Hi, where can i find the beta version?

Also, for some reason on this site, the translation language (Russian) seems to be loading very slow. I did read the forum and faq about this, no progress with that. Is it possible that some specific caching options could actually make it worse? We are using LiteSpeed cache

February 3, 2020 at 8:56 am #5410213

Yvette
Supporter

You can get the beta version from your wpml.org account "Downloads" section https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-install-beta-and-development-versions-of-wpml/

With regards to the performance/caching for Russian language - I have not heard of such a possibility myself and I have done a search in our internal issues database for any known issues with LiteSpeed cache with no hits.

I would suggest opening a new ticket for this performance concern.

February 3, 2020 at 5:46 pm #5414925

gvidoD

Thanks, i installed beta version and the issue is fixed. But another issue appeared - no sidebar in the shop page. Should i resync something?

February 4, 2020 at 11:23 am #5420573

Yvette
Supporter

Hmmm - that would really be another issue having to do with layout of the shop page.

Please remember that the beta release is only meant for testing so that you can know if a fix is on its way. There is more testing that needs to be done and this may not be reflective of the final release.

I can give this feedback to the 2nd tier supporter that is assigned but we would not be able to address the sidebar issue here.