This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I want to translate a word on the checkout page of WooCommerce, because it seems it is not yet translated. When going to the string-translator, I find the word. But it shows up with the wrong language. Then I change the language and translate the word. When reloading the page, still the word shows up without translation. Solution: Just uncheck the Assume that the original language of all strings is English option from the Dashboard → WPML → Theme and plugins localization area and everything will go back to normal.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelS-139 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 9:55 am #4218533

michaelS-139

I am trying to:
I want to translate a word on an checkout page of woocommerce, because it seems it is not yet translatet. When going to the string-translator, i find the word. But it shows up with the wrong language-flag (this appears at some words or sentences). Then I change the language and translate the word. When reloading the page (also i clear the cache), still the word shows up without translation (see attached screenshots)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
first you need to add a product to the shopping cart from the following page:
hidden link
then got to:
hidden link

I expected to see:
the translated english word

Instead, I got:
still the german word

July 16, 2019 at 10:31 am #4219135

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Michael,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

The string should work fine if you made the translation in WPML → String Translation. Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 19, 2019 at 7:42 am #4244631

Radu
Supporter

Hey Michael,

Can you check again the checkout page in both languages and tell me if things are looking fine now, please? I made a small change and the translation should work well.

Thanks,
Radu

July 19, 2019 at 7:52 am #4244723

michaelS-139

Hi Radu,

thanks a lot. It works now. What did you change - just to know if it happens again in the future.

Kind regards and thanks for your help,
Michael

July 21, 2019 at 7:52 am #4251545

Radu
Supporter

Hey Michael,

I'm glad to hear that everything is back to normal now 🙂

All I did was to uncheck the Assume that the original language of all strings is English option from the Dashboard → WPML → Theme and plugins localization area. I'm sure that this issue won't be back.

Regards,
Radu

July 24, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4275723
michaelS-139

Hi Radu,

i still have a translation which don't show up correctly.

hidden link
see attached screenshot:

Can you may check this.

Thanks a lot,
Michael

New threads created by Radu and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/text-in-checkout-not-translating/