Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
January 1, 2020 at 3:26 pm #5219437

Patty Brummelman

I am trying to:
Update the lay out of a row. I use the same texts, but update the looks by adding a background image, delete an image that was already there by deleting the rows, and set a different width for the section

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
The updated one. It's the final section, just before the footer.
hidden link
Where it's not updating when I use the WPML's Translation Editor:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The same layout as on the Dutch page

Instead, I got:
The old layout.

January 1, 2020 at 5:11 pm #5219575

Patty Brummelman

Hi,
As I mentioned in the chat, when I translate the page 100% to English, it does update, thank you.
However, my follow up question still remains. If I don't yet have all the texts available for other blocks in all the languages, is there a way to make it work anyway? Without 100% translation for the whole page?

January 2, 2020 at 9:58 am #5222215

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Let’s suppose you have 5 blocks on page and you have a translation text available for 2 blocks and you want to display 2 blocks translated and remaining 3 blocks untranslated on frontend, then you can achieve it using Classic Translation Editor by duplicating original page in secondary language and add the translation of 2 blocks, but make sure page translation should be 100% completed.

If you want to display only 2 blocks (partial translation) on the frontend that translation is available then you need to use WP default editor and you can’t achieve it using a classic translation editor.

Here is doc for classic and manual editors:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

Thank you