This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 19, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4606339

jessicaP-11

On this multilingual site, some pages need to exist only on some languages. I need to remove a couple of links from the English (the default language) menu that still exist on other languages. When I remove a menu item from any other language, no other languages update automatically which is what I want, but if I remove a menu item from the default language's menus, all other languages are affected automatically and I then have to go back through all of them to replace that link in each language. Is there any way around this functionality?

September 19, 2019 at 2:54 pm #4606629

jessicaP-11

Yes, when I initially set the site up I used syncing to build the other menus because the sites are all MOSTLY the same. Since, we have made a few minor edits to individual menus, and any time I use WP Sync, I just avoid syncing the things I don't want synced and that generally works just fine because it allows me that option, with the exception of editing the default language menus.

September 21, 2019 at 1:04 am #4614563

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. In the backend, are you removing the menu by clicking Appearance > Menus and then removing the menu item? Or are you following some other step?

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] When deleting a link from default language, it deletes them from other languages’ is closed to new replies.