This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by orenK-2 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 3:16 pm #3799893

orenK-2

I am trying to hide a language while translation is in progress (Settings > Hide languages> language checkbox) but when I do so, Elementor editor fail to load (for that language) and through an error about missing "the content" or some other lie.
[just to clarify, the Elementor editor work fine, if the checkbox is not ticked]

I know there's a lot of problems with elementor:wpml compatibility, but is there another way to hide a language?
I don't mind doing it "ugly" -> with a code or what not, I just need to work on the translation without exposing those pages until the translation is done.

Thanks.

May 13, 2019 at 9:16 pm #3801613

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

In fact you could save pages and posts as draft instead of publishing them. The WPML language switcher should only be visible for respective languages if a published translation exists.

Anyhow, the preview should be available for admins even if the language is hidden for front end users.

Did you activate the option "Display hidden languages" inside of the WPML Language Options of your WordPress User account settings? (See screenshot)

Kind regards
Andreas

May 21, 2019 at 1:11 am #3850741

orenK-2

Didn't work, but thank you!