This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 1, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4121371

denisseZ

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, Last year I upgraded my account to lifetime. I'm using the Divi Theme for my WordPress site. However, a few months I had some issues with the String Translation plugin. Whenever I activated it, my website wouldn't work. Now it is working, but VERY slow. And I'm not sure why this is happening. It loads very slowly and when I change languages it takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute to fully download.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have used WPML for a few years, but this problem started several months ago.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
intelligensint.com

July 1, 2019 at 6:39 pm #4121787

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I can see your current version of WPML is outdated. Please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and click "Search for updates". Now please download and activate the latest version for each plugin used.

Also, make sure that your theme and other plugin is up to date.

Further, please install the following plugin which will indicate the page generation time and mor einformation in the top admin bar. Let me know if the update enhanced the site performance.

hidden link

In case you will still experience a unexpected page generation time and warnings in regards to duplicated or slow querries that are based on WPML Plugins, we would kindly like to ask you to provide a new Duplicator package.

The package we received seems to seperate the site content and the database and we can not migrate the site in this manner.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator is free of use for backups up to 500MB and the package includes any content, themes, plugins and the database. As your site seems to exceed this limit there is a workaround.

In the first step of the Duplicator package creation process you are able to set filters for folders that will be excluded from the package building process.

You can simply add the filters for cache and uploads and it should bring your backup package to a minimal size.

More information here:
hidden link

In case of any issues please let me know. I can offer to create a package with Duplicator PRO in case you provide access to the site.

I have enabled the private box for your next reply. Please also add here a list of your plugins and theme for our developers who will revise your site and apply fixes into the upcoming version of CMS Multilingual and String Translation.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] When I activate this plugin, my website would work VERY slowly’ is closed to new replies.