This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 12:50 pm

elisaM-11

I am trying to: activate WPML without shutting down some functions of the website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the masonry grid gallery work properly

Instead, I got: nothing, it doesn't load

February 20, 2019 at 1:27 pm
February 21, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3229344

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi there and sorry for the late response here.

I was trying to get the latest version of the WPBakery Page Builder to test things on my test site, but I couldn't get it until now. Our compatibility team is working on getting this version. When we test compatibility issues, it is important to test them with the latest versions of every plugin involved.

Here is how I suggest that we'll continue at the moment.

1. I can see that the WPBakery Page Builder is not updated to its latest version on your site.
The latest version is 5.7.
Can you please update the WPBakery Page Builder on your site to the latest version and see if the issue persists?

2. If it persists then, please try to see if it persists in a minimum environment.
I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin.
If possible get your site into a minimum environment.
Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentyseventeen and no plugins activated except WPML and its add-ons. You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to Twentyseventeen (for example).
If it persists then deactivate all plugins except WPML and its add-ons. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persists so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 21, 2019 at 9:17 am #3397199

elisaM-11

Hello, I've updated all my plugins included WPBakery and tested bringing the website to the minimum environment (0bviously if I switch to Twentyseventeen the monsory gallery embedded in Jupiter Theme doesn't work...)
Jupiter is compatible with WPML, I also asked them. Please help as soon as possible.

March 21, 2019 at 11:42 pm #3428947

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Itamar is not available so I will be helping you - I hope you don´t mind.

I´ve connected to your site and did some testing.
You wrote: "..I am trying to: activate WPML without shutting down some functions of the website...'ve updated all my plugins included WPBakery and tested bringing the website to the minimum environment.."

1. Clarification
What do you mean without shutting down some functions? Did you already determine that some functions were needed to be "deactivated" in order for the Mason Grid to work?

2. Minimal Setup
On you site, right now, I have activated all plugins on your site with the exception of:
- Hello Dolly
- Jetpack
- Total Contest Pro

With this configuration, I am able to load the page: hidden link
Here is the screencast of this action: hidden link

I made a test page as well:
hidden link

With this page, the same configuration is not showing the grid. However, if I deactivate all Ulimate Member related plugins, it does work.

I think I need to ask you to test one more time in "minimal" mode with your current theme for you to find which plugins are not allowing the page to load the way you want. Once you find the plugins that are preventing the normal operation, please write back and we can then begin a compatibility study for these plugins.

Right now, however, it looks like it is working (although I see some strange code in some mason grid items that has nothing to do with WPML).

Do you agree?

If your experience of the site is different from my screencast - please upload your own screencast so that I can see the behaviour as well.

Thanks

March 25, 2019 at 12:44 pm #3453537

elisaM-11

1. Clarification
What do you mean without shutting down some functions? Did you already determine that some functions were needed to be "deactivated" in order for the Mason Grid to work?

YES

2. I confirm that Ulimate Member is the plugin that goes in conflict, if you could study a compatibility the issue will be solved.

Thank you

March 25, 2019 at 6:50 pm #3457497

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Thank you for the confirmations. As per the compatibioity process, I have created for your a sandbox site pre-installed/configured with the latest WPML plugins.

Here is the access link:
hidden link

Please upload the Ulimate Member plugin as well as the latest release of Visual Composer (for the Mason grid shortcode).

Then create a simple example as I have done on your site that illustrates the issue. Write back when this is completed so I can confirm the behaviour and then send the problem to our compatibioity team for resolution/further investigation.

Thanks
The sandbox site is good for 7 days

The topic ‘[Closed] When I activate WPML some my post masonry grid gallery doesn't load’ is closed to new replies.