This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 7:36 am

behic-nuriS

I've 3 languages Turkish, English and German. Turkish is default at the moment but I want to change the default with German. When change the default language to German Turkish language become corrupted.

This happens in my both sites hidden link and hidden link

I've attached broken screenshot

February 20, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3222665

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Before we can investigate this further can you increase your WP Memory Limit to at least 128M.

I would also like to understand what do you mean by "become corrupted" and "broken screenshots" ? Are you referring to page styles or page translations ?

At last, can you retry by deactivating all other plugins except WPML ? Are you able to switch smoothly.

If you can deactivate Cache during these manipulations, that would help narrow down the cause of this issue.

Let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 21, 2019 at 4:49 am #3224846

behic-nuriS

Hello Jamal,

Thanks for assisting. With broken or corrupted I mean both styling and page content. In the home page site look like a fresh install of a WordPress and theme, in other pages page contents are visible but or styling is gone. Also, Wpml language switcher button is missing.

I've tried disabling LiteCache and WP-optimize plugin but nothing changed.

I've added a broken home page and both working and broken screenshot of another page.

Thanks,

Tansel

February 21, 2019 at 9:57 am #3226178

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation, i understand better the issue now.
I thin that styling and several theme options were saved in the turkish site, and translations used them. But when you switch to german there are no options saved, and the website does not get proper values.
I suggest you translate the theme options following this documentation, then switch to german.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

I wonder if you can make a copy in a staging site, so you can work without breaking your actual site ?

If you have any doubts about translating theme options, let me know.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] When I change defalt language current default alngue become broken’ is closed to new replies.