Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: With browser redirection turned on, the website is loaded correctly according to the browser's language then redirects again to the site's primary language.

Solution: This is a known issue on versions of WPML prior to 3.5.2. Upgrade to our latest version and the issue will go away.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jefM 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
September 20, 2016 at 12:03 pm #1089638

jefM

I am trying to:
Change my website language. That works fine, but after two seconds it jumps automatically back to the other language. I saw a lot of topics about this issue, but all I can read is that it is still a bug. Have you resolved this allready? When I turn browser redirection off, it works fine. But I want to turn it on so my French visitors immediately see the French homepage of my website...

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link

If you want I can give you a login of my website and FTP, so you can try by yourself?

Thanks a lot!

September 20, 2016 at 6:28 pm #1090745

Yuri

Hi @jefm, we've just released today a new version of WPML (3.5.2). Would you mind upgrading your WPML version and test this again? This new version is supposed to resolve this issue. Remember to always backup your site+data before upgrading your plugins.

Let me know how it goes!

September 22, 2016 at 10:24 am #1094503

jefM

Allright, perfect. It seems the bug is resolved.
thank you very much for the help!