Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ziga pipan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author Posts
November 7, 2022 at 11:37 am #12398729

ziga pipan

Hello. I can't export all my XLIFF files for translation.when I click EXPORT ALL JOBS

when I click EXPORT ALL JOBS only 100 xliff are exported

November 10, 2022 at 11:59 am #12429285

Nigel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Let me take over here. Sorry for the delayed response, the support load is particularly high at the moment and we are getting through issues as quickly as we can.

When I check the same on my own site I can see that clicking the Export button submits a GET request to generate the XLIFF files which has the limit of 100 embedded as a URL parameter.

I'm checking with my colleagues to see if there might be any way of modifying that and I'll get back to you.

November 11, 2022 at 10:23 am #12438191

Nigel
Supporter

I checked and there is now way to modify the limit, it is hard-coded. (The limit is imposed to prevent potential performance issues.)

The only way to change the limit would be to edit the plugin files (which means have to make the same edits whenever WPML is updated).

The limit is in an obfuscated JavaScript file, you'll need to search for "limit:100" in your code editor and make the change (there is only one occurence in the file).

The file to edit is plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/dist/js/jobs/app.js.

I tested it on my own site and see that making that edit works.

November 11, 2022 at 1:22 pm #12439603

ziga pipan

Wow, thank you. Works perfectly. I have been in contact with wpml for over a week now and you solved it like a boss. thank you!

Note to developers: Plase change the button from" Export all jobs" to "Export 100 jobs", or at least make a note like "this only exports 100 jobs".

I exported all jobs (or so I thought), send it over for translation and promised a client his entire page would be translated for 500 usd. I paid the translation service 500 usd only to find out only 5% of my page was translated for that sum. How was I to assume EXPORT ALL FILES really means EXPORT 100 FILES 🙁

November 11, 2022 at 3:21 pm #12440501

Nigel
Supporter

OK, let me raise this as a feature request so that we can have an option to modify that limit somehow within the UI.

I've created an internal ticket for that. I'll mark this as escalated, and when I get a thumbs up or thumbs down I'll let you know.

November 11, 2022 at 3:58 pm #12440777

ziga pipan

Nice, thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.