This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 6:28 pm #4488893

dominikB-14

Hi Bigul,
the warning in the backend is gone, but when I activate the plugin, it messes up the whole css of the theme and when I click on another page in the frontend I get an internal server error. (see screenshot attached)
Is there any workaround or solution for that?

August 30, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4488897

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Dominik,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 31, 2019 at 8:54 pm #4491373

dominikB-14

Hi Bigul,

Thanks for helping me with this issue.
I hope I did everything correctly, according to your instructions.

Here is the pastebin link:
https://pastebin.com/GfXL9FgB

When I paste the debug info in the field above, it says invalid.
Just in case you can't read the pastebin info either, I attached a screenshot of the file.

Let me know, if I need to do more, to help you, solving the problem.

Best,
Dominik

September 1, 2019 at 10:29 am #4492363

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the updates and Debug.log information. But the Debug log is not showing any warning or error related to WPML. Therefore please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue on your site.

Also please check you are getting any error or warning related to this in server Server error logs(Apache) while having internal server error

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 2, 2019 at 8:10 am #4495155

dominikB-14

Hi Bigul,

I can active WPML Media, String Translation and Translation Management and the website works fine.

But immediately after activating the WPML Multilingual CMS the CSS is messed up and the internal Server error occurs.

Immediately after you deactivate the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, the issues disappear again.

Right now the plugins are deactivated and the website works.

September 2, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4497665

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please share the login credentials for the easy processing of this ticket.

Also please allow me to make a new duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 3, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4504831

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I made a Duplicator copy of the site and debugging the issue now. Will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 5, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4520031

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Dominik,

The internal server error is not showing on my local copy after the following steps. Please try it after a backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Activate WPML plugins
2) Visit Settings>>Permalinks
3) Deactivate *Wellgo By Dickensos* plugin
4) Resave the settings
5) Visit the pages in frontend

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 5, 2019 at 6:48 pm #4521647

dominikB-14

Hi Bigul,

When I deactivate the plugin "Wellgo by Dickensons" the css is not messed up anymore and the internal server error disappears.
But when I deactivate that plugin the previews of the news/blog articles on the homepage are gone.
Is there a solution that it works while this plugin is activated.

I've put in the debug information in pastebin again.
Maybe you can see the issue there?

https://pastebin.com/bYQ4yzaU

Best regards,
Dominik

September 6, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4526237

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the details and Debug log information. The Debug log shows some Database warnings related to WPML. Most probably it looks like a compatibility issue. I have a doubt about this. The Wellgo theme and plugin is a custom one? Because I can't find more details about it on the web. So please share more details about it.

I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly in a fresh installation. Therefore I have created a test site in our Sandbox server. Please visit the following URL and make sure the issue reproducible or not.

hidden link

It will help us a lot and we can directly send it for further debugging to our developers easily.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 10, 2019 at 8:14 am #4542869

dominikB-14

Hi Bigul,
I'll test everything tomorrow and give you a feedback
Over the weekend my developer got no time to work on the project.
Best,
Dominik

September 11, 2019 at 7:26 am #4551071

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the updates. Take your time. We will wait for your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 11, 2019 at 7:51 am #4551179

dominikB-14

Hi Bigul,

we tried to install the website on the sandbox with duplicator.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to open the installer.php to extract the website.
We'll get an error message. See the attached image.

Is it supposed to work differently with the sandbox?

September 11, 2019 at 9:39 am #4552195

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry, it will not be possible to import the Duplicator/backup package in Sandbox server. It is only for testing in a fresh installation.

It looks like a compatibility issue. But I am not able to reproduce it exactly in a fresh installation. With your Duplicator copy, the issue is existing for me in a minimal setup. So as a part of our compatibility escalation procedures, we have to make sure the issue is existing in a fresh installation or not.

So if possible, please visit the following URL. It is a fresh installation. Please install the required plugins and your theme. Then make sure the bug is existing or not.

hidden link

Also, I have a doubt about this. The Wellgo theme and plugin is a custom one? Because I can't find more details about it on the web. So please share more details about it.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] when I click on another page in the frontend I get an internal server error.’ is closed to new replies.