Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 2, 2020 at 11:13 am

danielJ-8

When I click on Translate Link Target all translation saved in Pages are lost. My site is connected to Memsource, a translation memory software, and import and export translation from there. Why is that?

March 2, 2020 at 1:43 pm
March 2, 2020 at 2:55 pm #5600345

danielJ-8

Hi,
I just wanted to show you what happens when I translate in Memsource and export into Memsource. On the front-end the translation is shown. BUT, when I click on Edit translation in WPML, everything all the fiels in the Builder are in the original language (Spanish). Only the title is translated. So that if I should save and close, all translations would be changed back to Spanish. See this video:

hidden link

I hope it helps.
Thanks
Daniel

March 2, 2020 at 4:33 pm #5601173

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the feedback. I have shared the details with our Translation Services team and waiting for their expert opinion now. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 3, 2020 at 7:38 am #5605447

danielJ-8

Thanks. I hope this can be fixed. Please let me know...

March 3, 2020 at 2:43 pm #5609149

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Daniel,

Thank you. We are still working on the issue and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 5, 2020 at 4:54 am #5622245

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Daniel,

It requires further debugging. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 5, 2020 at 9:08 am #5623401

danielJ-8

Yes please. Go ahead. I need a fix for this to go on with the translation.
Thanks

March 5, 2020 at 4:24 pm #5627901

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your permission. I made a copy of the site and debugging the issue now. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 6, 2020 at 1:49 pm #5635701

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Daniel,

We are not able to reproduce the issue exactly on our local and external servers with Duplicator copy your site. Therefore we would like to make sure the bug is happening in the following cases.

1) Please check the issue is existing on the live site when only WPML plugins are active with Divi parent theme(please try it after a full site backup)

2) Translate a Page using Memsource on your staging site and check the issue is existing or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 8, 2020 at 9:00 am #5642641

danielJ-8

Hi Bigul,

let's repeat the same process again. This is the first test for the live site.

On the following video you will see how I try to translate the home site using Memsource:

- All plugins are deactivated except for WPML and the Memsource connector, which I need for exporting the translated content.
- The child theme is deactivated. I am using the Divi parent theme.
- I translate the content in Memsource and export to WordPress. Export is sucessful.
- You see on the front-end that the home page is translated.
- I go to WPML configuration and action on Translate link target.
- After that, I refresh the home page and the translated content is gone.
- Also, if you go to Edit translation in the WPML editor, you also see there no translation. All is gone. (Even before you click on Translate link target, there no translation there).

So here is the video:

hidden link

I look forward to your comments.
thanks

March 8, 2020 at 9:10 am #5642677

danielJ-8

Hi again Bigul,

so, here we go again with the test on the staging site.

Same process, same results.

I translate in Memsource, export to WordPress. The translation appears on the home page until I click on Translate target links.

Again, translation does not appear in the WPML Translation Editor, so if I would click on Save there, all translations would also be lost.

Both live and staging sites are hosted on the same Cloudways host, with exactly the same configuration, so you should not expect a different behaviour.

Here is the video:

hidden link

Do you think you can fix that. I need to move forward with this site.

Thanks,
Daniel

March 9, 2020 at 9:12 am #5646199

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the feedback. I have shared the details with our second-tier team and waiting for their expert opinion now. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 10, 2020 at 7:16 am #5652151

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Daniel,

We have the following requests to track the issue. Please try it on your staging site and let me know your feedback.

1) Please check the issue is happening with a newly created Post or Page.

2) Does it work as expected after you import the translated XLIF file from WPML>>Translations Queue

3) Does it work if we delete the translation and import the translated XLIF file from again from WPML>>Translations Queue

Also please share the credentials of your staging site after a full site backup for further checking.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 10, 2020 at 8:37 am

The topic ‘[Closed] When I click on Translate Link Target all translation saved in Pages are lost’ is closed to new replies.