Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 31, 2017 at 7:58 pm #1331661

mathieulaflamme

I am trying to:
translate my page

Link to my site:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Each section in plain english on the left, with a box to insert a translation on the right

Instead, I got: hidden link
1. when I click translate your plugin only offers me the html as you can see clearly in the screenshot above. The problem appears to be related only to content generated by Visual Composer,
2. If I add elements from Visual composer to the page, save, then go to the page and click on french, it's not copying over the changes.

I'm using Salient theme with Salient visual composer, but as far as I can tell say they fully support wpml although their theme is not in your list of compatible themes.

I have searched for hours and read through dozens of posts but no one appears to have this problem. When I search ThemeNectar's support site your plugin doesn't even come up.

I've tried deactivating all my plugins, I've deleted and reinstalled my theme as well as Visual composer. Nothing seems to work:-(

Is there anything you can do to help?
ps. I didn't include login info just because I don't know all my ftp stuff. If you need anything I will obviously get it to you though. Thanks!

August 1, 2017 at 6:40 am #1331906

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello @mathieulaflamme,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

First, I would like to know if you face the same issue when creating a new page, could you please create a new test page and a simple section if the results is same?

Secondly, Go to WPML->Translation management->Translation Jobs and search for the translated language page, if you find the page, check that and click on cancel jobs, now go to your default language and click the edit icon, this should show you the updated changes.

Does this help?

Thanks

August 1, 2017 at 12:27 pm #1332279

mathieulaflamme

Hi
I created many new pages over the last couple of days and it did the exact same thing each time. I created another one for this exercise, but I'm not sure I understand your instructions completely .

>could you please create a new test page and a simple section if the results is same?

So after I've created and published the page I assume I should click on 'translate,' right? Otherwise it wouldn't show up in 'translation jobs?'

So I clicked on translate and yes it does appear in 'translation jobs'. I canceled the job and here's where I don't understand your instructions

>... now go to your default language and click the edit icon, this should show you the updated changes.

I don't know where "go to your default language" is asking me to go to. Back to the page I just created? Somewhere in wpml back end?

>this should show you the updated changes.

I don't understand, what would have been updated? I didn't translate anything and I canceled the job, so what changes should be updated? Please explain more if you can.

Weirdly, the page I was working on yesterday is on the list of 'jobs' but I can't cancel it. If I press cancel, it just stays there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Here's a screenshot hidden link

If you can clear this up it would be great!

August 2, 2017 at 6:08 am #1332833

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

I am sorry if those instructions were not properly understandable. I am explaining it further so let me know if this helps.

Check if the issue exists in a normal page
- Create a fresh new page
- Add some elements to the page.
- Publish this page.
- After you published the page try to add a translation to the page.
- While Translating do you see the elements being separated correctly, or it's still like this: hidden link

Check in page where the issue exists.
- Go to the page where the issue exists as shown here: hidden link
- Now Go to WPML->Translation management->Translation Jobs
- Search for the page where the issue exists.
- If you are able to find this, cancel the jobs from there.
- Now go to the same page through page editor (Dasboard->Pages) and update it.
- Once you update the page try to check if the translation is well formatted or not.

Let me know if these instructions were understandable.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 2, 2017 at 2:41 pm #1333354

mathieulaflamme

Just did everything you suggested and it's not working.
Installed a fresh wp site. No plug ins but yours and visual computer using salient theme.
I've tried in all my browsers

August 3, 2017 at 8:05 am #1333882

Bigul
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for the updates. I am Bigul from WPML support team. Shekhar is off today. So I am taking care of this ticket. Hope it will be okay for you.

May be the issues will be happening because you are using an older version of Visual Composer. Please try with the latest version of Visual Composer after a full site backup and make sure you are still having the issue.

hidden link

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 3, 2017 at 1:17 pm #1334162

mathieulaflamme

>May be the issues will be happening because you are using an older version of Visual Composer.

Hi, I have a hard time understanding why you say this. What makes you think I'm using an out of date version? All my plugins and themes are fully updated. I like I mentioned, and you would have known this if you had read our past conversations with Shekhar, I am using Salient Visual Composer and not Visual Composer.

August 4, 2017 at 5:58 am #1334794

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Thank you for the updates. I was having confusion about the Salient Visual Composer version because there is no much information about it.

I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Check the following links for more details about private information sharing.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue locally.

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 4, 2017 at 3:41 pm #1335425

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the login details. But I am getting the following error now. Please check.

ERROR: Incorrect username or password.

ERROR: Too many failed login attempts. Please try again in 1 minute.

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 7, 2017 at 7:17 am #1336145

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the updates. I made a duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it locally and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 7, 2017 at 1:47 pm #1336519

mathieulaflamme

That's great news! Thanks for your help. I sure hope I can figure this out. It's really ruining my life right now:-(

August 8, 2017 at 7:40 pm #1337869

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

For your kind updates, I think the issue is happening because *Salient* theme is missing *wpml-config.xml* file. Will confirm it with the help of our compatibility team and get back to you tomorrow. Please wait.

Please check the following tutorial for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/visual-composer/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 10, 2017 at 6:41 am #1339018

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Please download the following *wpml-config.xml* file and place it in *wp-content/plugins/js_composer_salient* folder after a backup.

hidden link

Then visit WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Jobs and cancel the existing translation jobs. After that make sure you can translate the Visual composer elements content successfully from Translation Editor.

Please check the following tutorials for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/visual-composer/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

https://wpml.org/errata/fix-issue-certain-visual-builders-shortcodes-not-appearing-correctly-wpml-translation-editor/

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 11, 2017 at 12:25 pm #1340211

mathieulaflamme

Thank you sincerely for you help. I will try and implement this today. Salient said they are coming out with an update for visual composer today that should address the issues, should I wait and install that to see if they fix it first?

Also, with your solution, will I have to re-do this every time I instal an update? Thanks

August 11, 2017 at 3:36 pm #1340395

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the updates. Please wait for the update from Salient. Then make sure the latest version is having *wpml-config.xml* in theme directory or the *sailent visual composer* directory. If not, please place the *wpml-config.xml* I have shared in *sailent visual composer* folder after a full site backup and make sure you are still having the issues.

May in future you have to update *wpml-config.xml* file according to the changes in Visual Composer.

Please request the theme author to apply for our compatibility program. So we can avoid these issues.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

--
With Regards

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] When I go to translate a page I’ve created using using Salient Visual Composer,’ is closed to new replies.