Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 13, 2017 at 2:33 am #1340845

mathieulaflamme

I do not see s_composer_salient folder. Pls see my screenshot

no such file.JPG
August 13, 2017 at 7:34 pm #1341020

mathieulaflamme

Wow man, I gotta hand it to you, IT WORKED!!!! Amazing! What happened? This is one of the most popular themes in the world! They claim to be fully compatible with your service for several years now. Was this a problem that was unique to me or is it rather common? Thanks agian, please let me know. Cheers

August 14, 2017 at 8:30 am #1341303

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for the updates. Glad to know it is working fine for you now.

We have compatibility issues with Salient theme. But most of them we can solve it by adding correct configuration in *wpml-config.xml* file.

It will be great if you can request the theme author to apply for our compatibility program. So in future, we can avoid these issues.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 18, 2017 at 5:18 pm #1346265

mathieulaflamme

I don't understand because I replied to you in great detail and now I don't see my post anywhere?

August 18, 2017 at 5:25 pm #1346273

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

I have hidden your previous post because you have shared the site credentials in it. It is a public forum so please only share the credentials when the private information option is activated. Because may it will harm your site.

Please grant admin privileges to the user. So I can check your site settings.

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 18, 2017 at 5:28 pm #1346276

mathieulaflamme

I don't understand, how do I do that? Should I send you an email with the login info? I don't see anywhere private or secure on this page to send you the info. Also, I had the login info on the post you made private, can you see it there? It should work

August 18, 2017 at 5:28 pm #1346277

mathieulaflamme

oh sorry, I got it. I will make you admin in 1 min

August 21, 2017 at 8:26 am #1346991

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the admin privileges. I made a duplicator copy of your live site now. Will debug it locally and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 22, 2017 at 1:49 pm #1348274

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

For your kind updates, few strings were missing for translation in Translation Editor because you have used custom shortcodes(instead of default Visual Composer shortcodes) for an example *split_line_heading*. Therefore the translation configuration is missing for these custom shortcodes in *wpml-config.xml* file.

Please try the following steps after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit *plugins/js_composer_salient* folder and open *wpml-config.xml* for edit
2) Scroll down to bottom(to line *206*). Then add the following code before *</shortcodes>* tag

<shortcode>
                      <tag>split_line_heading</tag>
		</shortcode>
		<shortcode>
                      <tag>nectar_btn</tag>
		      <attributes>
                             <attribute>url</attribute>
                             <attribute>text</attribute>
                      </attributes>
		</shortcode>
		<shortcode>
                      <tag>fancy-ul</tag>
		</shortcode>

3) Save the changes
4) Visit Plugins list, then activate and deactivate WPML plugins
5) Then open the *22 Cavalier Test* page for edit and update the page(just for resaving the page contents)
6) Then open the *22 Cavalier Test* Chinese page for translation in Translation Editor and make sure the missing strings are showing for the translation or not

Please check the following tutorials and attached images for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/ (Creating a language configuration file for your page builder section)

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

--
With Regards

Bigul

2017-08-22_1851.png
2017-08-22_1852.png
2017-08-22_1852_001.png
2017-08-22_1853.png
August 22, 2017 at 11:08 pm #1348745

mathieulaflamme

I'm not sure where to add the code. There are no line numbers(see screenshot) Also, can you give me advice on how to move forward. The creators of my theme are very slow with technical support. To the point it seems almost unfair. Thank God you have been helping me. I really need this theme to work because graphically it's exactly what I want. Do you see this being a major problem? Is there a way to fix this? I really need to understand what are the implications as I'm about to build a serious website that must work. Any advice would be appreciated.

shortcodes.JPG
August 23, 2017 at 4:13 am #1348807

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Please try with the following *wpml-config.xml* file. You can replace the current *wpml-config.xml* file with this one after a site backup.

hidden link

Then try the following steps and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit Plugins list, then activate and deactivate WPML plugins
2) Then open the *22 Cavalier Test* page for edit and update the page(just for resaving the page contents)
3) Then open the *22 Cavalier Test* Chinese page for translation in Translation Editor and make sure the missing strings are showing for the translation or not

Please check the following tutorials if you are facing any issue with custom shortcodes or Visual composer and you are always welcome to open new tickets whenever you stuck with WPML.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/ (Creating a language configuration file for your page builder section)

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

--
With Regards

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] When I go to translate a page I’ve created using using Salient Visual Composer,’ is closed to new replies.