This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|November 4, 2019 at 8:01 pm #4884427|
When I enter String translation and I search for some words it does not find
|November 5, 2019 at 7:31 pm #4893233|
i have 24h without any reply
|November 5, 2019 at 11:49 pm #4894317|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)
Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will be happy to help you with this.
Sorry for the delay in response but we are on a really full ticket queue at the moment and it takes more than usual to answer on each ticket.
Regarding your request, the way to translate strings really depends on how they have been implemented in the code.
1. From my understanding, you already tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for the words.
If it's not there, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
2. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.
This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
3. This link might help, too, in case you added any strings directly in the code:
If you still can't find it, I would need you to let me know which are the strings that you are looking for (and where I can see them on the website), and I would also like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.
The private box looks like this: hidden link
I will be waiting for your response.