Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gavinT-4 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 17, 2020 at 12:30 pm #7036637

gavinT-4

Hi,
i have another issue i shop category page..
when i switch the language on a category page..it redirects me to another page...it should be shows the same page whatever category i choose.

here is a helping video so you can understand what i want to say

hidden link

Thanks

September 18, 2020 at 8:38 am #7043807

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

This problem seems to happen because of a change in the product base slug language in Settings > Permalink.

Please try these steps:

-Change the permalink language for product category base from the current language to another language active in your site

- Translate it again in WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Store URLs.

- If this doesn't work, then set the product category base to English and translate it again as explained in the previous step.

Please let me know if this works.

September 20, 2020 at 9:28 am #7053411

gavinT-4

i try the same as you mention..but this was not the answer of my above question..i am mentioning again so you clear me again...

i have another issue i shop category page..
when i switch the language on a category page..it redirects me to another page...it should be shows the same page whatever category i choose.

here is a helping video so you can understand what i want to say

hidden link

Thanks

September 21, 2020 at 7:11 am #7056249

Alejandro
Supporter

Oh, I see now. This is indeed a weird behavior.

However I can see a few things that need to be done before we can try something else:

1) memory: you have allocated very little WordPress memory in your installation and this won't allow neither WooCommerce nor WPML to work correctly so please let's increase it.

To do so, you just need to add this code to your wp-config.php:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

2) please update your WPML plug-ins to the latest versions as seen here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

3) then, please go to WooCommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Status and check if everything there has already been done.

Try them out and let me know if something changes now or if the problem persists.

September 21, 2020 at 8:02 pm #7062993

gavinT-4

hey,
i add the code in wp-config file.but then issue is still same..here you can see

hidden link

September 22, 2020 at 8:32 am #7066115

Alejandro
Supporter

Ok,

Could you try to disable all your plugins except the WPML ones and WooCommerce?

see if the problem disappears then. If it does, then we're dealing with a compatibility issue.

If the problem remains then please allow me access to your site through the related fields i just enabled for your next answer.

Regards.

September 22, 2020 at 10:08 am #7067669

gavinT-4

ok

September 22, 2020 at 3:25 pm #7071329

Alejandro
Supporter

Thanks,

Let me know how it goes.

October 5, 2020 at 10:43 am #7164205

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

Radu told me that after the chat was closed, he tried going to: Theme Settings → Shop → AJAX shop (set it to "off) and it seems to have worked.

Can you check and verify if that helps?

If it does, then there might just be a need for you to talk to the authors and ask them to contact us over here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ and let us know how his AJAX feature work (the one explained above) so we can try to see how we can make it compatible with WPML.

Hope that helps.

October 5, 2020 at 11:50 am #7164745

gavinT-4

Hey,thank you so much for sending me email after ticket closed and thank you for fixing a solution and update me about it..you have a great team of supporters and yes i am sending your given link to the "Woodmart" theme author..they will contact you..thank you so much once again..