This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Oscar Miras 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
May 24, 2019 at 7:36 am

antonisN

I am trying to:Make some changes on a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: not any specific, all pages

I expected to see: my changes to be done and everything to work

Instead, I got:my changes on the page are done, but the translations of this page are completly vanished from the website.

I have a clone of the website in the link i have mentioned below.
Same website, same issue as the live one.
This wasnt happening and i havent found what caused it.

To understand the problem, please go on an english page and make a change , once you click " update " , the Portuguesse page will be lost.

May 24, 2019 at 10:11 am #3883337

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support team.
Thank you for the detailed explanation of the issue.

I've checked your workflow and it seems to work for me. Could you check it if am I doing it as you expect? hidden link

If it is not the case, would you mind to record a screencast providing the steps you followed to translate content?

I would also like to point out that your primary language is Portuguese. Thus, your translation is in English, not the other way around. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Besides, I have checked your debug information and I think that there may be a problem. Your WordPress memory is quite low and this may cause some issues, such as missing translations.

Could you increase the WordPress memory in your wp-config.php file? The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Change or modify the following lines:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Make sure you modify them before the line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You can check if your values have been properly updated in WPML > Support.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/

Kind regards,
Oscar.