This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 40 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 23, 2020 at 3:18 pm #5549107

Abdullah Alahdal

This is a continuation of another chat here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-chat-support-ticket-by-abdullah-alahdal-1582456161/

February 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm #5549201

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

February 23, 2020 at 6:37 pm #5549653

Abdullah Alahdal

Here the debug information as requested.

Even when I try to import the Arabic first then the English, the problem occurs with the English version and it is only in the shop and homepage. Even when I follow the recommendation from Noman, I noticed that not all category will show the products list.

February 23, 2020 at 7:00 pm #5549669

Abdullah Alahdal

By the way, I already have a duplicator file ready in case you want to test by your won.

February 24, 2020 at 7:32 am #5551771

Abdullah Alahdal

For your reference, I have just updated to the latest versions all plugins of WPML. Still the problem exist.

February 24, 2020 at 8:07 am #5552011

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for attaching the debug information.

Sure please send me the Duplicator package. You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me. For this, I'll enable a private message for the next reply.

Due to some error (probably from our system) we lost most of our discussion here. Can you please explain to me what the problem again. And when you share with me the package tell me the steps on how to replicate the issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

February 24, 2020 at 4:44 pm #5556365

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Thanks for the duplicator package and the video.

I've downloaded it to my machine and I'll debug it.
When I have more information I'll reply here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

February 24, 2020 at 8:18 pm #5557301

Abdullah Alahdal

Thank You, I appreciate your soonest response.

February 25, 2020 at 10:31 am #5561355

Abdullah Alahdal

Hi Itamar,
Sorry for pushing you. I would appreciate if you can drop notes about the progress. For example, have you starting the testing, did you replicate the issue?

February 25, 2020 at 4:48 pm #5564829

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm still debugging this issue. I'll keep you updated here.

February 25, 2020 at 9:38 pm #5565933

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

While I'm debugging this issue (since I see that it takes a long time on my local server), could you please check the following and see if it helps?
After a successful import of the English and Arabic products, please make a small change in the English homepage (you can just add a comma or a period) and press the Update button. Then also update the Arabic translation of the homepage (make sure it is 100% complete.) And now check if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 25, 2020 at 11:04 pm #5566423

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

After finishing the Arabic importing I've received this message. Please see the attached screenshot. I was following the steps that you show on the video and I'm not sure why it happened like so.
Do you have any idea?

In any case, please try my suggestions from the previous reply. Also, I can see that in WPML -> Languages -> Language URL format you have selected 'Use directory for default language' but you didn't st a root page and this is wrong. You should either disable this setting or set a root page. Maybe this part of what's causing this issue. Please read more about it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/directory-default-language/

February 26, 2020 at 5:45 am #5567853

Abdullah Alahdal

Dear Itamar,
Thank you for your effort. Unfortunately, non of the above two suggestion solved the problem.

February 26, 2020 at 5:48 am #5567855

Abdullah Alahdal

I believe it is something related to the taxonomy synchronization and count because the problem is solved (80%) by following the below steps after the import. However, it is not practical to run this after each import especially when the number of items increase.

Noman : 2. Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting page.

Noman : Look for \'Clean up\' and click the following:
- Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

February 26, 2020 at 9:40 pm #5574465

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I need to debug this issue further on the copy of your site. Still, I'm getting only one product in the Arabic language after importing. I also need to consult our second tier supporters and developer. I'll keep you updated here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.