This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 27, 2019 at 10:05 pm #3696387

peter-lee-konT

I am trying to:
I am viewing the product details page in the language PORTUGUESE

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
I expect to see the options for the product variation
LARGE (GRANDE)
MEDIUM (MÉDIO)
SMALL (PEQUENO)

Instead, I got:
The options are all disabled

April 29, 2019 at 2:53 am #3699691

peter-lee-konT

Hello, I think I have found something related. If I edit the following configuration for the product, the product variations in the second languague will work:

- edit product (default language)
- access the PRODUCT DATA (VARIABLE PRODUCT)
- access the tab MANAGE STOCK, and check the option "Enable stock management at product level"
- access the tab VARIATIONS
- FOR EACH VARIATION, check the option "Manage stock?"

If you make these changes in the product, the page will display correctly, that is: In the portuguese (second language) version, the page will display the product variations correctly.

It seems, that in the database, the system is looking at the MANAGE STOCK FOR EACH VARIATION. Once you save a number there, the stock management will work correctly, even if you uncheck the option to manage for each variation

April 29, 2019 at 12:19 pm #3703105

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

The translated variation should work even when "manage stock" option is disabled. Honestly, I'm not sure what could possibly the reason for such a scenario. Please provide temporary access to your site, I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details. I will check this for you once I receive the required information.

Kind regards
Raja

April 30, 2019 at 5:26 am #3707895

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I am able to create a test product without stock management and I couldn't find any issue displaying the variation in the translated product front end. Please check hidden link

This might be a temporary or a cache issue. Check whether you can reproduce the issue when the cache is disabled

Kind regards
Raja