Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexT-29 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 6, 2019 at 9:21 pm #4901915

alexT-29

Hi,

I'm trying to see the English frontpage on our test site: snowplanners.de/en when I'm in a incognito browser it works, however when logged in as an admin it keeps redirecting me to the Dutch page. However when I go to an translated article and switch to English it does work if I then click on the logo which should go snowplanners.de/en it again redirects to just snowplanners.de. Doing this again logged out and incognito there are again not any issues.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but wish to understand the problem before moving the plugin to our live Environment.

Especially since I wish to use the 'show hidden languages' functionality also, which at this moment isn't working also.

November 9, 2019 at 11:29 am #4917939

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Ciao!
Benvenuto al supporto cliente WPML.
Farò del mio meglio per aiutarti a risolvere questo problema.

That behavior sounds like the browser redirection feature but i see that feature is not active on the site.

That redirection creates a cookie that redirects you to the language of the browser so maybe if you activated it once in the past, it could've left a cookie in your device which hasn't expired yet.

May i ask if this happens when you are logged-in as admin on an incognito mode tab as well?

Or if you try to do the same on another browser?

Let me know.

November 11, 2019 at 6:28 pm #4927397

alexT-29

My issue is resolved now. Probally the cookie expired 🙂 Thank you!