This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 8:19 pm #3667441

brandonA-2

When i try to switch a language on both products and pages. Some of the content doesn't switch to it appropriate language and it stays English. When switching languages on products some times our variations disappear and i double checked they are being translated. See screenshots below to see English version of product and then the Spanish version of the product. Also, sometimes the variations show up but do not show up in the appropriate language as well

We are using the bare Bones Divi Theme. We have tried using another theme to see if this was the issue and that did not resolve any issues.

Here are the plugins we are using on this site incase you need that:
Advanced Custom Fields PRO
Advanced Shipping Validation for WooCommerce
Bundle Rate Shipping Module for WooCommerce
Duplicator
Head & Footer Code
Jetpack by WordPress.com
N-Media WooCommerce PPOM
NihaoPay Gateway for WooCommerce
WooCommerce
WooCommerce - Country Based Payments
WooCommerce Authorize.Net AIM Gateway
WooCommerce Flat Rate Box Shipping
WooCommerce FedEx Shipping
WooCommerce Multilingual
WooCommerce Price Based on Country (Basic)
WooCommerce Product Add-ons
WooCommerce Services
Woocommerce Products Per Page
WooCommerce UPS Shipping
WooCommerce USPS Shipping
WooCommerce WorldPay Gateway
WooSwipe MODIFIED - DO NOT UPDATE!!!
Wordfence Security
WPML Media
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management

April 24, 2019 at 8:24 am #3670355

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this issue.

1. Upgrade Plugins
Please first upgrade all relevant plugins to their latest releases.

2. Diagnostic Step
If you temporarily deactivate your non-WPML plugins (excluding Woocommerce but including all Woocommerce add-ons), are you getting the same behaviour?

3. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

4. Test case
Please include link to product(s) that are having this issue in your next reply so I can easily find it.

April 25, 2019 at 7:57 am #3679849

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

The reason that you are missing your variation options is due to having used "custom attributes" and not setting the related custom field to "Translate". (see images).

After correcting the translation settings for the custom field "_product_attributes" to be "Translate", the values now appear in the Tranlsation Editor. When translating the values and saving it, the variations are updated and now you can see them selectable.

Examples:
hidden link
hidden link

You now have to now do the following task to get the translation "up-to-date"
- Update the original product (to trigger an "update required" to the translation editor)
- Then complete the translation
- Save the translation.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a timeout issue when saving the tranlsations and it appears to hang, but the values do get saved...so please open a new ticket for this saving issue.

As a point of information, because you did not use Global Attributes, our normal variation syncronisation tools will not be helpful for you. They are only handling taxonomy-based attributes/variations.

April 25, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3684199

brandonA-2

I tried what you said but i am still having issues with getting this fixed? Could you maybe send a video on what you are doing? This is what i see (See attached photos)

Here is a link to that product:
hidden link

April 26, 2019 at 8:35 am #3688865

Yvette
Supporter

The steps work for me.

Here is the screencast: hidden link

But I do see that you are being given the ATE while my userid

April 26, 2019 at 11:29 pm #3693551

brandonA-2

Please see the link to see what we are seeing when i edit how you showed in your video. Why do we see a different view then you are seeing??
hidden link

April 29, 2019 at 2:16 pm #3704295

Yvette
Supporter

I imagine that at some point, the Spanish translation was started using the Classic Translation Editor. When the system detects that this is the case, it will ask you to "complete" the translation using the same editor.

With the same userid, when I translate the FR version, I also now get the Advanced Translation Editor. I also see the custom fields that need to be translated there (see image)

So, the process is the same even with the ATE editor.

The topic ‘[Closed] When switching languages for products and pages-Some items dont work and some do’ is closed to new replies.