This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.34 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 8:06 pm #3918387

adrianaF-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Trying to activate WPML in hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

[removed]

May 29, 2019 at 8:22 pm #3918579

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML! I'll be gald to help you today.

I checked your site and there are a lot of plugins active which could be conflicting with WPML. I suggest you to create a staging site. In your staging site, switch to a default theme like TwentyNineeten and disable all the plugins. Now enable WPML. Do you still see the issue?

If not, activate plugins one by one to find the conflicting plugin. If you are able to find the conflicting plugin, we'll be happy to look at it again and resolve any issue there.

May 29, 2019 at 8:35 pm #3918589

adrianaF-4

Hi Rajeed, thank you very much for your help. I'm not a developper, I don't know how to create a staging site, but i will investigate how to do that.

In the mean time... I don't understand this: "If not, activate plugins one by one to find the conflicting plugin. If you are able to find the conflicting plugin, we'll be happy to look at it again and resolve any issue there."

I need to activate or desactivate each plugin? I already tried to desactivate some plugins but I don't want the site broken again. I've been with a lot of issues with this template, could you please give me some more information, which one do you think could cause this conflict?

thank you very much!

May 29, 2019 at 10:17 pm #3918887

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Please follow the instructions here to create a staging site:

hidden link

I understand your concern about breaking the live site. That is why I suggested to create a staging site. It is a separate site which should be identical to your live site.

In your staging site, please deactivate all plugins other than WPML and related ones. Now, activate plugins one by one. When you activate each plugin, check if that results in the css issue you mentioned.

If it does, we can test it here and see if there's any plugin conflict. Unfortunately, this is the only way for us to find the plugin that is causing the issue.

Regards,

May 29, 2019 at 11:46 pm #3919041

adrianaF-4

Great, thanks for the link. I will and I come back with the result of the test. Regards, Adriana.

May 30, 2019 at 9:14 pm #3926257

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Adriana,

We would be happy to help you more once you get the result. Meanwhile, please let me know if you have any questions regarding the process.

The topic ‘[Closed] when the plugin is activated, the CSS of the site is broken, logo and typography’ is closed to new replies.