This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maciejB-6 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 9:45 am #2807394

maciejB-6

Hello,

Recently we started adding a new language version on one of our pages.

I am trying to:
Translate the strings from the home page. Strings to be translated (examples): "discover our blog".

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:
When I translate the strings in the WPML String Translation section I save them and I'd expect these strings to be translated on the Polish version of the page.

Instead, I got:
Instead the whole Polish page is in English. It looks a bit like it's copying the original English page and overwrites the Polish content. Then I have to bring back the Polish version by using "revisions" option.

October 11, 2018 at 5:02 pm #2809241

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

By looking in the code of the homepage, I can see that the link you want to translate has been built with Visual Composer.

Also, I can see in the code that the text-link called "discover our blog" it's added inside a raw HTML element (these are the CSS classes used for the container that holds that text: wpb_raw_code wpb_content_element wpb_raw_html).

Can you please let me know the steps that you are taking to translate the text?

Here we also have some very helpful documentation on how to translate content built with visual builders (like WPBakery Builder, Elementor etc.):
- https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/translating-content-created-with-page-builders-using-manual-translation/
- hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 15, 2018 at 9:51 am #2816900

maciejB-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!