This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4078695

I

I am trying to:
If you view the staging site below.

1. Password to view 'dev'.
2. Add something to cart, have the site language set to English.
3. Set a delivery address to a location in Paris, France.
4. You'll see 2 delivery options, Collection and Delivery
5. Switch the language to French, and the delivery options hide.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The delivery options shown in both languages.

Instead, I got:
Only delivery options in English.

/

I have tested this with minimal plugins and the default Storefront theme.

Can see other users having the same issue - which are not resolved:
https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/plugin-boxtal-envoi-moins-cher/page/2/
https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/modes-de-livraisons-disparus-en-changeant-de-langue/

Please can you let me know if you can work with Boxtal to make the system compatible.

Thanks,

Ian.

June 24, 2019 at 11:11 pm #4080151

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

our developers are currently looking into the compatibility between Boxtal and WPML.

I can see the issue when i visit your site but it seems to happen with the default language as well.

ex. I add Paris, France and get the delivery options, if i refresh the page it defaults back to USA.

please try the following as a test.

Go to Plugins->Deactivate WPML and its add-on plugins temporary
go to the front end and test this again with the default language and WPML plugins deactivated an let me know your results please after adding Paris and seeing the delivery options , refresh the page , does it remains to Paris or default back to USA ?

June 25, 2019 at 12:11 pm #4084403

I

Hi Bobby,

The site is set to geolocate, so if you are in the US, the address would update to the USA.

Have now setup a clean test install and found that the issue lies when a product has a shipping class.

You can test below:
hidden link

If a product has a shipping class set - then the shipping options don't show - even though in the Boxtal shipping rules, the shipping class setting is set to 'any'.

I have setup two products, 'Product without shipping class' and 'Product with shipping class'.

To replicate the issue.

1. Visit the site and change the language to French (via the language selector in the footer).
2. Add 'Product without shipping class' to the basket.
3. Goto Checkout. Enter a French address.
4. You'll see the two boxtal delivery methods shown 'Home Delivery' and 'Collection'.
5. Add 'Product with shipping class' to the basket, you'll now see no delivery options.
6. Change the language to English - and you'll see the delivery options.

Thanks,

Ian.

June 25, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4086579

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Ian,

thank you for creating the staging environment, if possible i would like to take a closer look to further test this issue and see if there are similarities with what our second tier is currently testing

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 26, 2019 at 10:07 pm #4095247

Bobby
Supporter

I was able to reproduce the issue on my local environment as well

The issue has been escalated to our second tier and compatibility team. I will update you here once i have some news

July 27, 2019 at 8:12 am #4292967

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Please find the following Errata regarding this issue here
https://wpml.org/errata/shipping-costs-are-not-calculated-in-secondary-languages/

there is no official workaround at the moment but we did find that adding a new shipping class seems to help

if could you try adding a new shipping class? It seems that doing so also makes the others work.

The topic ‘[Closed] When using Boxtal connect plugin delivery options hide when changing language.’ is closed to new replies.