This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 7, 2019 at 2:50 pm #3285001

Maarten

I am trying to use the same URL for multiple languages:
So:
domain1.com/contact/ and
domain2.com/contact/

This changes the permalink/slug for the second language to: domain2.com/contact-2/
I would understand this if domain2.com/contact/ was already taken. But the slug in the second language is free and it happens on all pages.

I can remove the '-2' but it is added again. This used to always form (even for this install). What could cause something like this?

March 8, 2019 at 9:25 pm #3295590

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

I tried to replicate this problem in my testing environment but I could not replicate it.

Is the same problem with new pages? Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] When using the same slug in multiple languages, it now adds -2’ is closed to new replies.