This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rbC-2 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 1:57 pm

rbC-2

I am trying to: Activate WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The site

Instead, I got: When activate WPML, the site is in problem.

July 8, 2019 at 11:05 pm #4166051

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for providing WPML!

First of all, please make sure your server meets all the minimum requirements for running WPML:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Few things I noticed were MySQL version and WP Memory Limit. Make sure those are according to the requirements.

Then try activating the plugin.

If it still doesn't work, please deactivate all other plugins, switch to a default theme and see if that helps.

Let me know how this goes!

Best,

July 9, 2019 at 6:53 am #4167821

rbC-2

We deactivated all plugins. And only activate WPML and the error is still there. We have 1024 WP Memory Limit. We use theme Jupiter and have more sites with WPML active with Jupiter. We do not understand why this is not working here.

July 9, 2019 at 7:09 am #4167929

rbC-2

We have this theme issue i guess: But we have the same theme and version installed in our other WPML project sites.

We copied the site to demo server and still same problem. We see in wp debug on demo server:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/admin/theme-options/class-theme-options.php:261 Stack trace: #0 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/admin/theme-options/class-theme-options.php(184): MK_Theme_Options->migrate_typography_options() #1 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): MK_Theme_Options->set_defaults('') #2 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-settings.php(525): do_action('init') #5 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-config.php(91): require_once('/home/rbc/publi...') #6 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/rbc/publi...') #7 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/rbc/publi...') #8 /home/rbc/p in /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/admin/theme-options/class-theme-options.php on line 261
July 9, 2019 at 7:30 am #4168105

rbC-2

When we activate standard wordpress theme we get this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::get() in /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings-strings.php:94 Stack trace: #0 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings-strings.php(56): WPML_LS_Settings_Strings->translate_slot_strings(Object(stdClass)) #1 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php(250): WPML_LS_Settings_Strings->translate_all(Array) #2 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php(378): WPML_LS_Settings->maybe_init_settings() #3 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php(343): WPML_LS_Settings->get_setting('menus') #4 /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-conte in /home/rbc/public_html/demo/wlpwp/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings-strings.php on line 94

July 10, 2019 at 1:20 am #4175025

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I made a local copy of your site and tested on my environment with default theme. I was able to activate WPML without any error. So, I believe the issue is with your server.

I would need to see the detail of the error. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(FILE) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

July 10, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4183573

rbC-2

I did, but no error log is created. Also we have 2 other WPML installs running on the same server. For example shop.westlandpeppers.com. With no problems and same PHP Ini Config.

July 10, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4184059

rbC-2

We downgraded PHP version from 7.2 to 7.0 and it start working..

July 10, 2019 at 7:14 pm #4184061

rbC-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!