Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 27, 2019 at 2:32 am #4833481

janeO

Hi

We are trying to update a number of pages. We have some pages that are still showing the gear icon even though we have confirmed the translation. And... when we go in to check the translation on those pages we can not even get the advanced translator to open. it just stays on the blue page and says "We are transferring your translation job to Advanced Translation Editor.It will take only a few seconds." and little circles keep spinning

Other pages open no problems.

October 28, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4839589

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

We had a similar issue in the past and it has fixed by improving the max_allowed_packet value of MySQL settings. Please check the following URL for more details.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/job-stuck-on-transferring-your-translation-job-to-advanced-translation-editor/

Also please increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*) and make sure is there any difference in the result. Please check the following links for more details

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4842441
janeO

Hi Bigul:

With the help of my host I have upped the php memory and the max_allowed_packet value of MySQL. And I have been able to open a couple of the pages that were not working before. However, I am still unable to open the translator for some products from Woo Multilingual.

Also, we have a recurring (and very frustrating problem) with finished translations not showing on the front end.

This is our process:
1) open the advanced translator from the Wp> All Pages page
2) made changes
3) check that sentences are showing the green bar so that we know they saved and "completed"
4) click the finish button
5) click the redeliver button
6) see the success message 100 per cent complete
7) purge the site cache
8) clear the browser cache
9) updated Text still does not show on site ( not all pages - some pages work and some don't). See the example picture - we can see that on the new text the final words are cong viec. and on the front end of the site the old text is still showing.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/finished-translations-not-showing-on-the-front-end/

October 29, 2019 at 11:29 am #4846831

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Now the translator is not able to translate Product Posts using Advance Translation Editor and it shows the following warning, but they can translate Post and Pages. Am I right?

We are transferring your translation job to Advanced Translation Editor. It will take only a few seconds

Does it happen with all the translators? Have you increased the *WP Memory Limit* to *256*?

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the translations not showing on the front end issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 29, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4850847

janeO

Hi Bigul:

I wanted to add another comment here - On another ticket it was suggested that I increase the wp memory limit which we have done. Once that happened I was able to open our woo products from WPML multi-lingual but... after completeing the translation - the new text does not show on the front end.

October 30, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4855721

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Happy to know you are able to edit the Pages and Woo Products translation with Advance Translation Editor now.

Please note, we are still working on the frontend issue. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul