This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexL-45 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 2:01 pm

alexL-45

Just now i try to recreate the page it can translate but why after translate the chinese site show empty page?

August 5, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4342699

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I made some changes to the site URL structure and the permalinks which solved the issue for some pages but not for all yet. It seems we are handling here with a compatilbity issue.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 5, 2019 at 11:06 pm #4343225

alexL-45

Hi,

Just now i try to change to other theme it working fine but when change back again the problem still apppear and wp debug i has enable it please check again. Because my previous website is using same theme but why they can translate and thus site cannot?

August 6, 2019 at 12:23 am #4343271

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

While debugging your site I received an error related to Elementor but I also realized that the issue is theme related, as it disappears as soon you switch to a default WordPress theme.

Once any additional theme is disabled and the site runs with Jupiter X, elementor and WPML only the following error is displayed on the frontend of a chinese page:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function jupiterx_compiler_add_fragment() in /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx-child/functions.php:16 Stack trace: #0 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): jupiterx_child_enqueue_scripts('') #1 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php(2463): do_action('wp_enqueue_scri...') #4 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): wp_enqueue_scripts('') #5 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(2668): do_action('wp_head') #8 /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/templates/structure/header.php(27): wp_h in /home/mkwincom/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiterx-child/functions.php on line 16

Therefore, the functions.php file of the Jupiter Child theme is cuasing an error on line 16.

I then treid to connect by FTP to check the functions.php file but for some reason the password had not been accepted. Please verify if you took any changes here and undo them or check for syntax errors.
As far I can see the issue seems to be caused to the function wp_enqueue_scripts('') which does not properly embed the CSS needed to display the page.

More information here:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_script/

Let me know fi zou been able to solve the issue, otherwise we will take further investigations.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 12:25 am #4343273

alexL-45

Hi Andreas,

Please try this one ftp account
**CREDENTIALS REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS**
Thank you

August 6, 2019 at 12:48 am
August 6, 2019 at 1:01 am #4343291

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I have made some research and I realized that there are more users experiencing the same error with a JupiterX Child theme.

hidden link

Did you already consult the theme support about this issue?

Could you please add the latest version of the JupiterX theme and your child theme on the following test site in oder to test the issue on a new installation.

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the site is ready for testing.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 3:01 am #4343851

alexL-45

Dear Andreas,

I has add the jupiter x theme and child theme on the testing site. Please has a look.

But why previous website like imenang88.com and easy88on.com is using same theme but they working fine without any problem

Thank You

August 6, 2019 at 4:09 am #4344105

alexL-45

Hi, i hope you can help me to fix this problem

August 6, 2019 at 6:02 am #4344303

alexL-45

hello???

August 6, 2019 at 9:31 am #4345785

alexL-45

How is it?

August 6, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4348425

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

As far I am not able to confirm that we are handling with a compatiblity issue. The child theme is working as expected on the test site.

Could you please recreate the issue on the provided test site by including any used plugins or templates?

If we will not be able to recreate the issue on a new installation I might cosult our second tier support for further asistance.

Kind regards,
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4348713

alexL-45

Hi Andreas,

Just now i find a developer fix the problem but i found another problem when i change to other header for different language the header is not showing out.

Thank You

August 6, 2019 at 8:34 pm #4350423

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As you can see here the headers are actually created and linked together with WPML:

hidden link

and

hidden link

In fact, theme options like the Customizer which you are using in order to add the Elementor Header Template to your site will need to be translated with our String Translation Module.

You will need to add the English Header to the English page. Then scan the theme for new strings at WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization. Somehow I am expereicning issues here on your site. The Customizer is not responding properly. It has very long loading times.

I tried to add the headers for each language, as the Customizer here includes a language switcher provided by the JupiterX Theme. When adding the English Header to the English page and adding the Chinese Header to Chinese Page, only the English Header shows up on Frontend.

In fact I wonder how the header has been created, as global templates are only available with Elementor PRO. Could you please assist me here? I will need detailed steps in order to recreate the issue. It seems there was an additional plugin used like Elementor Pack. Make sure to install the plugin on the test site.

I would like to ask you to recreate the issue on our previous created test site in order to see if the issue persist on a new installtion. If so, I will be able to escalate the problem to our compatibility team.

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the headers are set.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 7, 2019 at 6:44 am #4352273

alexL-45

Dear Andreas,

For the issue i has reset everything and now i facing one problem when i go to do translation management > after select the page or template why the i cannot add to basket to do advance translation?