This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
March 20, 2019 at 11:50 pm

filipposH

I though this was a jupiter x / elementor issue but it seems there is a conflict with wpml!

See this link I posted in artbees forums regarding the history of my issue:hidden link

It all started when the wp_options table in my database got so big that wordpress crashed on load (frontend gave me error 500 and whenever I tried accessing anything to do with the theme from the backend too)

After I restored a database averytime I hit refresh in fronted the cpu load went crazy at 90%. And the backend when using elementor was really slow. GTMetrix showed full website load time at 18.5 seconds.

Now that I have disabled WPML everything seems normal again. GTMetrix dropeed to 5.6 seconds.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I have now disabled all these WPML plugins:
WPML Media
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management

March 21, 2019 at 9:10 am #3397149

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Your WP Memory limit is really low: hidden link
Could you please increase it as much as you can and check the issue? http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 1, 2019 at 6:45 pm
April 1, 2019 at 8:17 pm #3511495

filipposH

I think it has something to do with Jupiter X theme + WPML.
Jupiter X is not that fast compared to my other websites (this is the 1st time I use Jupiter X, last time I used the previous versions of jupiter before the elementor composer but with the wp bakery).
Me CPU load when using this wordpress instance with jupiter X is weird (3%) that shouldn't even be there. I can see the server responding really slow even with caching enabled (autoptimize). BUT nonetheless it is usable. When enabling WPML everythins is X10 slower. I sometimes get tired of waiting for it to load so I do not preview my pages when editing them anymore.
The CPU usages reaches 60%! This time I have not enabled string translation and translation management.

I really want you to look into this cause it drives me nuts!

April 2, 2019 at 3:38 pm
April 2, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3519079

filipposH

Firstly, thank you very much for your actions...
It was just migrated BUT I think something is not right as I cannot see it online in the URL provided (ERROR 500)
hidden link

You go ahead and check it out. At least I am not crazy 😛
Edit: I can see it now, but it is even slower. Thanks again!

P.S. Can you lease delete the domains in my post reply #3510977 as they are public (my bad)

April 3, 2019 at 9:00 am #3523821

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for this.

We are checking this now internally.
Please be patient till we get back to you.

Regards,

April 4, 2019 at 9:45 am #3533663

filipposH

I have a thead in the artbees forum aswell with anotherone responding to the same issue, the Jupiter X and WPML issues. Check here: hidden link

April 4, 2019 at 1:46 pm #3535419

filipposH

Check the reply under the artbees forums. It seems the wp_options is indeed casuing problems. See if that helps you out.

April 7, 2019 at 2:26 pm #3552139

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the forum link.
That could be reason.

To make sure we have to check monitor the query.
The migrated site also produce 500 error/blank screen.
This makes the process slow.

Please install this plugin in your site: hidden link
Share the monitored results with us.

Provide with the results that are showing load time with/without WPML, with/without other plugins but WPML enabled, default theme.

Let me know.

Regards,

April 14, 2019 at 7:20 am #3607105

filipposH

As my website is live, these are tests that unfortunately I cannot take. It is a Jupiter X issue though, as when I used the solution provided in their forums everything came back to normal. I have not tested all the WPML add-ons though, only the main one. But for now, I am ok. Thanks for your support.