This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 11:23 pm #3946503

paulM-51

The Astra header button doesn't show up in the string translations; it looks like part of the navigation menu but it's not (so we can't translate it from the Appearance > Menus area). The button is set up separately, within the theme Customizer. Where do we find how to translate the text on that Book Now button?

What is the link to your site? hidden link (but it's still in development)
see screenshot for reference

June 3, 2019 at 11:48 pm #3946543

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

please review our documentation with Astra themes and let me know your results

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/creating-multilingual-websites-wpml-astra/#translating-menus

Most likely this one might be beneficial towards the menu button
=> hidden link

June 4, 2019 at 1:51 am #3946855

paulM-51

I tried to follow the instructions as provided in this link you gave (hidden link). However, when I chose what seemed like the correct BOOK NOW button within the astra settings and then I went back to the String Translation page, it was not found at the top like the instructions say they should be. I did a search (using multiple options), but the choices I checkmarked in astra settings wasn't there, so I couldn't do the translation part. Please advise. Thanks!

June 4, 2019 at 6:40 am #3948449

Bobby
Supporter

Please verify that after you check the string you scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on "Save" and wait until the message comes on that it was added to String translation.

if you did that already and it still doesnt show i would like to take a closer look to create a custom xml configuration file for you to make sure it gets picked up

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 6, 2019 at 12:26 am #3964579

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

the issue should be resolved now

i was able to add the string using the wpml-config.xml section within WPML->Settings->Custom XML Configuration

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="astra-settings">
            <key name="header-main-rt-section-button-text"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>