Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Robert 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
December 7, 2015 at 2:22 am #762319

Robert

Hi,

A few months ago I changed "Shop" into "Products" which normally shows as a title/header above all products. Now I want to translate it. hidden link
I translated everything with "Products" in String translation and I had a good look around where I changed "Shop" into "Products" and I can not find/remember it...

Hope you can point me in the right direction!

Thanks!

Regards
Rob

December 8, 2015 at 9:45 am #763303

Dat Hoang

Where do you change this string "Shop" to "Products"?
Can you please take me a screenshot for this?

It looks it's an admin text. Therefore, if possible, you can follow the guide at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/ , section "Translating strings in the wp_options table".

December 8, 2015 at 10:25 am #763355

Robert

I found it in String translation. So in the Theme option I changed it to "Products". It does show in String translation as woo_shop_single_title. I've completed the translation but has no effect. How come?
Thanks!

December 9, 2015 at 3:20 am #764231

Dat Hoang

#1,
Thanks for your info.
Can you please take me a screenshot in the Theme Options where you configure this string?

#2,
I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

December 24, 2015 at 3:47 am #775988

Robert

I set the ticket as solved for now. The theme maker "Total" said they will solve this in the next theme update.

Thanks!

April 7, 2016 at 2:03 am #855233

Robert

Can you please remove the link to the website or the entire post post for company image reasons? Thanks!