Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ka-chuS 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 21, 2020 at 5:47 pm #7277529

ka-chuS

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to translate the sentence circled in the screenshot: hidden link
It's in my wishlist page. You can duplicate this sentence by adding the sample product to the wishlist and go to the wishlist page, then you see this. The wishlist page button is located on the top right area.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Cannot find one

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 21, 2020 at 7:08 pm #7277993

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

The proper way to translate strings depends a lot on how they have been implemented inside the theme/plugin.

1. Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for any of the words in those sentences?

Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If it's not there, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

2. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

3. This link might help, too, in case you added any strings directly in the code:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-the-theme-you-created/

4. You can also try to go to WPML > String Translation and at the bottom of the page you will find a checkbox called "Look for strings while pages are rendered". You can enable (check) that and then go in the front end to a page where you have that string showing up and then go back to WPML > String Translation and search for that string and see if it now shows up.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

October 23, 2020 at 12:28 am #7290251

ka-chuS

Hi,

I have tried to search for the words in String Translation but no string found.

And then I have scanned the plugin at the Themes and plugins localization section, but still cannot find.

For the second method, I cannot even see the plugin option of YITH Woocommerce Wishlist:hidden link

I also searched at the Admin Text Translation section, still cannot find these words.

Tried method 4 too, no result.

October 23, 2020 at 5:23 pm #7296305

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for your response and for trying out those steps.

1. Can you please let me know what is the link of the page that you are showing in the screenshot so that I can know how to get to that string on the front end?
2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

October 25, 2020 at 6:36 am #7301969

ka-chuS

I found out that the sentence of (Now copy this wishlist link and share it anywhere) has been separated into 3 strings in the String Translation.

First string: (Now
Second string: copy <- this word is a link which I haven't recognised before (hidden link)
Third string: this wishlist link and share it anywhere)

Translate them 1 by 1 and here you go.