This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 2 years, 6 months ago.

Author Posts
December 21, 2017 at 8:22 am #1463373

Alex Paulsen

Hi,

I am translating a WooCommerce-site into Italian.

I face a problem, when issuing translating products. The product category pages work fine, and the link for the product page when hovering over the product reads '.../it/prodotto/productname' , which is correct.

However, when clicking to see the product page, the link changes to read '.../it/product/productname', which of course generates a 404-message.

I have tried translating the strings and slugs named 'Product' in WooCommerce through the String Translation module. I deleted the cache to test it, but the problem persist.

How and where can I translate the product-slug to 'prodotto' when clicking to an Italian product page?

Best regards,
Alex

December 21, 2017 at 2:27 pm #1463763

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Alex,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

While one of my teammates takes care of your case I will provide you with the first debugging steps.
Could you please go to your Settings > Permalinks and resave your settings? You don't need to change anything, just resave them. Does it help?

If it was not the case and while another supporter takes personal charge of your situation, To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Let us know if it helps.
Andrés

The topic ‘[Closed] where to translate WooCommerce's product-slug?’ is closed to new replies.