This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 6:10 am #4327125

flemmingN

I am trying to: Remove the white border between the flags and make the falgs show on the non-native site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link - if the english flag is clicked, the top nav changes completely.

I expected to see: the flags with no border between them and the flags showing on the non-native site

Instead, I got: the opposite

August 2, 2019 at 10:45 am #4329023

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Heym

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked both languages and I couldn't see the differences or the white border between the flags. I attached two screenshots to show you how things look for me. Can you tell me if you managed to sort this out in the meanwhile? Or maybe you can attach a screenshot to see how this looks for you (maybe I should look at a different element).

Thanks,
Radu

August 5, 2019 at 6:10 am #4338055

flemmingN

I see that a coworker changed where the flags are located in the mean time. The problem persisted when the flags were in the topnav which is where the flags should be.

August 5, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4340575

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Is there any chance that you could ask you coworker to put back the flags to the top nav so I can see the white border issue and look for a fix, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 6, 2019 at 6:11 am #4344309

flemmingN

Hello Radu, I have changed it back now so that you can see the problem.

August 6, 2019 at 6:54 am #4344521

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Could you give me access to the dashboard area of the website so I can have a closer look at the settings and check why is the language switcher not showing on the secondary language, please?
The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 7, 2019 at 7:09 am #4352423

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you check the password for the account you created for me, please? I tried to use it a few times but I keep getting the message that the password is incorrect. Please generate a new password and paste it to the next reply (which I already set to be private).

Thanks,
Radu

August 7, 2019 at 9:47 am #4353339

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Thank you for sending me the credentials!

I had a look at the website and I could see that the language switcher is no longer available on your website. Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → Languages and add the language switcher by using Menu language switcher, Widget language switcher, or Footer language switcher sections, please? Most of the customers are adding the switcher to the end of the menu (using the Menu language switcher section). You can give this a try and tell me how things work this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 7, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4355247

flemmingN

The thing is, it is avalible, however it disspares when you choose english as your language.

August 7, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4355463

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

As I can see, you gave me access to the a staging/development website (hidden link) that doesn't have the language switcher. Can you make the same change here (add the language switcher) or give me access to the live website so I can have a look at this element, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 8, 2019 at 10:25 am #4361783

flemmingN

Oh wow, i keep on messing up, here is the correct website.

If you make another private message i can send you login details

August 8, 2019 at 10:25 am #4361807

flemmingN

Correct website: hidden link

August 8, 2019 at 11:06 am #4362159

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials 🙂

Thanks,
Radu

August 8, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4363219

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Don't worry about the confusion. What's important is that I was able to check the language switcher this time.

I checked the footer language switcher and it works very well. When I am on the Dansk version of the page (hidden link), it shows the English flag, and when I'm here hidden link, I can see the Dansk flag to change back the language.

Also, the language switcher added to the main menu is working very well too.

Can you have another look at your website and check these two language switchers, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 9, 2019 at 6:05 am #4367517

flemmingN

Yes those work well.
It was however because we wanted them to be in the topnavigator. Is there anyway to get them there, working. Or is that just not a possibility.

Thanks for the help Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] White border between the flags AND flags disappear when on the non native site’ is closed to new replies.