This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 10:42 am #4091637

Daniel Grau Olalla

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Updated WPML plugins and broked the website

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

ERROR:
[26-Jun-2019 10:36:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function icl_get_string_id() in /home2/nucomple/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php on line 107

June 26, 2019 at 10:44 am #4091665

Daniel Grau Olalla

This error is showing in another website too, hope to fix one and then I report the other one,

Both errors are the same just appeared while updating the plugin,
PHP Version 7.3.5

June 26, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4092251

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Activate the debug mode followinf the steps described in this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 26, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4092947

Daniel Grau Olalla

The result of the test is that i can't activate WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.7.1 it says: The plugin could not be activated because it has caused a fatal error.

On frontend we see the error: The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

We just can access on admin panel, please, we need a hurry fix we have display campaigns running

June 26, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4093005

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

In this case I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

June 26, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4093011

Daniel Grau Olalla

Hi,

Finally I have fixed the error in one website, the installing process was duplicating me the plugin and breaking the entire website, I made the update process through FTP and now works fine,

Will try the other website

June 26, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4093021

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Please keep me updated.

Regards,
Carlos