This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 7:28 pm

alvanI

I am trying to:

Translate a page of my site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

1. hidden link
2. hidden link

I expected to see:

What used to work: click on the plus next to desired language and page switches to a WPML Translation Management Panel, with boxes to input specific translation.

Instead, I got:

Now, it simply switches to a blank, white screen.

June 3, 2019 at 11:48 pm #3946541

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. When I access the link you posted above an error 500 is displayed:

This page isn’t working

hidden link is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Please, could you enable debug to see if any error message is displayed? To do it, please check the steps in our documentation: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Then try again to check the problem. If any error message appears, please paste here in the post for me to see.

Thank you.

June 4, 2019 at 8:23 am #3949157

alvanI

Hi Bruno,

May I ask which link showed the error? Because when I go to hidden link it does go to the site (with http and https). Same when I try hidden link.

I've made the changes to wp.config recommended in the debugging guide you sent (WP_DEBUG, WP_DEBUG_LOG, WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY, all true ). Thanks for that.

Looking forward to your help.

Soon,
Alvan

June 4, 2019 at 8:32 am #3949203

alvanI

Hi Bruno,

This is what the screen now shows when going to the link. I'll paste it below and will have to undo the wp.config changes, since I do want my site to function for visitors and users.

Warning: "continue 2" targeting switch is equivalent to "break 2". Did you mean to use "continue 3"? in /home/u2czs64rbbau/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2858

Warning: "continue 2" targeting switch is equivalent to "break 2". Did you mean to use "continue 3"? in /home/u2czs64rbbau/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2862

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes in /home/u2czs64rbbau/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woodiscuz-woocommerce-comments/options/wpc-options-serialize.php on line 256
WordPress database error: [Table 'i5100009_wp3.wp_icl_string_pages' doesn't exist]
SELECT DISTINCT s.id, s.name, s.context, st.status, s.gettext_context, st.value AS tra, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS orig FROM wp_icl_string_pages sp INNER JOIN wp_icl_string_urls su ON su.id = sp.url_id INNER JOIN wp_icl_strings s ON s.id = sp.string_id LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language=su.language AND s.language!=su.language WHERE (su.language='en' and su.url='/') or (su.language='en' and su.url IS NULL)

WordPress database error: [Table 'i5100009_wp3.wp_icl_string_translations' doesn't exist]
SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'admin_texts_kleo_kleo_child' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0

WordPress database error: [Table 'i5100009_wp3.wp_icl_string_translations' doesn't exist]
SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'admin_texts_woocommerce_price_decimal_sep' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'admin_texts_woocommerce_price_thousand_sep' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0

SELECT value, language, status FROM wp_icl_string_translations WHERE string_id = 32 AND value <> ''

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'WordPress' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 1000

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 2000

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 3000

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 4000

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 5000

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 6000

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'default' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 7000

SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context FROM wp_icl_strings s LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language='en' AND s.language!='en' WHERE s.context = 'WP Endpoints' LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0

SELECT value, language, status FROM wp_icl_string_translations WHERE string_id = 34334 AND value <> ''

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u2czs64rbbau/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1479) in /home/u2czs64rbbau/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u2czs64rbbau/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1479) in /home/u2czs64rbbau/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1254
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `wp_icl_string_translations` WHERE Collation LIKE 'utf8mb4%'

June 5, 2019 at 12:23 am #3955901

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the debugging messages. This can be a problem that happens in a few installations. Please see our errata page where we have a step-by-step of how these tables should be created: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists or if the page loads correctly.

Thank you.

June 6, 2019 at 5:01 pm #3971133

alvanI

Hello Bruno,

The database tables have been recreated. But the blank page still comes up on trying to add a page translation. Just as an FYI: everything did used to work until the site started timing out in early May and my hosting service provided support to remedy, noticing that the site would return when select WPML plugins were deactivated.

So the issue remains -- or rather it has clarified: right now the WPML String Translation plugin comes up as uninstalled. Which *might* explain the blank page on page translation. When I do install and activate the plugin, the database increases dramatically and the entire site no longer functions, giving just a time out error.

Could you look at things and provide a solution?

Many thanks,
Alvan

June 7, 2019 at 10:36 pm #3979213

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. I downloaded a copy of your site and noticed that even following the steps explained on our errata page, one of the tables has not yet been created.

Please open your database manager (like PHPMyAdmin) and execute the following lines:

CREATE TABLE `wp_icl_string_pages` (
  `id` bigint(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `string_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL,
  `url_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci

After following this step in my testing environment, the page was displayed correctly.

Please, let me know if you were able to follow this step and if the problem has been resolved.

Thank you.

June 8, 2019 at 12:18 am #3979319

alvanI

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for that - I was able to recreate the remaining table myself. Unfortunately, when I re-activate the WP String Translation plugin the entire site slows and produces a timeout error. So I'm not able to see if I can add a page translation (for example, French) to a page (for example, MyPubliks).

Please let me know if you can locate any conflict or database issue causing the error. The technician at my hosting site (GoDaddy) noted that turning on that particular plugin drastically increases the database size.

Soon,
Alvan

June 11, 2019 at 2:11 am #3991073

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there ,

Bruno is currently offline.

If possible please increase your WP MEMORY LIMIT to 256M or higher and let me know your results

also review the following documentation and let me know if the issue with WPML String Translation continues

=> https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

June 11, 2019 at 10:47 pm #3998753

alvanI

Hi Bobby,
Thanks for this reply and guide. Ive increased the wp memory limit to 1024M. When I turn off several other plugins Im able to access the String Translation settings and follow your guide’s advice. The only thing of note is that several text domains were unselected under Auto-Registration. When all were selected, the entire site slowed to a halt (server cannot be accessed or timeout error shows).

When WPML String Translation is deactivated, the sute functions much better. Let me know if you have other solutions. Ive provided you with access.

June 12, 2019 at 2:02 am #3999021

Bobby
Supporter

You could possibly increase your server's timeLimit and let me know your results.

at the moment are you able to run WPML string translation after following the guide's steps ?

June 12, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4005941

alvanI

I increased the server time limit earlier with no success. Yesterday I went through the guide except for the Debugging section, and noticed only that certain text domains were not selected (under Auto-registration). I selected and saved and the entire site slowed to a halt.

I’m not able to run the String Translation plugin (or even access its settings) now. Even when de-activating other WPML plugins.

WordPress has sent me an email noting that an issue with WPML is causing a fatal error. I’ve reproduced the email below.

I’ve provided wp-admin access (user wpml support, pword ayudaajudasupport). Please do take a look.

Thanks,
Alvan

Howdy!
>
> Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.
>
> In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Translation Management.
>
> First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.
>
> Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

June 12, 2019 at 8:13 pm #4007557

Bobby
Supporter

If possible i would like to take a closer look at your backend

i have tried using the credentials shared within the thread but they did not work

Also please confirm the current issue that we are looking at. The original issue of the thread was that the WPML->Translation Management dashboard was receiving an error 500.

is this resolved ? According to your message you are still receiving an error 500?

or is this issue now the String translation not being able to be enabled ?

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 13, 2019 at 7:05 pm
June 18, 2019 at 10:27 pm #4046739

Bruno
Supporter

Hello Alvan,

Sorry for the delay. About the initial problem, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

About the problem with your database, please, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.