This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
March 10, 2015 at 12:14 pm #574456

beverlyM

I am trying to: translate swedish page , or add swedish translation.
First I used the normal way, to click the + button and start translation. It did not work so I tried by using duplicate content, and still same issue.

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
buttons in the bottom with "save translation" "cancel" "resign"

Instead, I got:
A blank area

March 10, 2015 at 8:31 pm #575121

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

I think there is something breaking the page display (a shortcode or some javascript).

Can you try to activate the default WordPress theme (twenty fifteen) and check if the problem persists?
If you still have the same issue, can you deactivate all non-WPML related plugins?

As a workaround you can still use the standard WordPress page editor.

Let me know the results of your tests.

Regards,
Pierre

March 13, 2015 at 9:19 pm #578225

beverlyM

How do we link the pages together if we use the standard wordpress page editor?
I mean, now we have two pages but the flag with the language switcher will not display if we are not linking the pages?

March 16, 2015 at 1:21 pm #579162

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

If you go to Pages, you can click on the "plus" icon to create a translation or the "pencil" icon to update an existing translation (see attachment). Note that you are allowed to do this if you have editor permissions on the site.

Did you try to set the default theme and deactivate plugins to troubleshoot this problem?

Regards,
Pierre

The topic ‘[Closed] Why is the "save translation" buttons missing on this page?’ is closed to new replies.