This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 2:11 pm #4561579

mir-abdullah-alN

I am trying to: add Bengali Language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: when add Bengali language in my website here show हिन्दी (Bengali).

I expected to see: Bengali

Instead, I got:

September 12, 2019 at 11:48 pm #4564431

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This is being shown in Hindi because this was the language configured in WPML. If you want to change the translation to display this English language, you can follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Edit Languages
- Edit the languages as desired
- Click on the Save button

That way you can change the language name and use it in English, for example. Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 19, 2019 at 3:34 am #4601045

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Apparently this issue is not related to the initial topic. If so, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Also, when I try to access your site, it appears that the link is incorrect.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Why show Bengali language in Hindi’ is closed to new replies.